Relationship Communication Books

I'm looking for a book on how to communicate once the relationship has lost its beginning bliss. I've been in a relationship with someone I love very much, but then the communication broke down to the point we hardly could talk for 5 minutes. She has since left saying she needs "her" time. Which I think is now a polite way to end it, but none the less I want to better myself for "if" it rekindles as well as for future relationships.

Seems the once we got past the formalities I or she couldn't communicate. We where doing a LDR and I work out of state so we did alot of talking on the phone and text messages. Was our only way to communicate. I just don't have alot to talk about when my job is my only focus while I'm gone and other than that you can only talk about job so long as well as she wasn't willing to open up about her everyday life, so I'm looking for the tools to keep the relationship fresh which I'm thinking a good communication book would be the trick at least on my end.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

Not to toot my own horn, but I have a book about relationships that focuses a lot on communication, with one chapter focusing on problems that arise in long-term relationships.

If you're interested, you can take a look at some excerpts at link removed.

Not to toot my own horn, but I have a book about relationships that focuses a lot on communication, with one chapter focusing on problems that arise in long-term relationships.

If you're interested, you can take a look at some excerpts at link removed.

I'm looking for a book that reflects on the ability to create the tools needed to correctly communicate under any circumstance in a relationship. My ability to open up beyond everyday life with my partner.

Does your book tend to lean towards life leaving college? I'm 38 and we both are in our 30's with everyday responsibilities.

Archived