Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Silver Member
    I am moving on. I have cut all contact. Deleted her off of MySpace, Facebook and deleted her number from my phone. I am not waiting for her to come back.

I do tend to vent a lot on here but only because it helps to get assurance from everybody.

It's hard to flip the switch and stop caring but I am trying. I wish I could mind you!

Silver Member
    not at all..I was in your shoes few mos ago. as soon as I realized that she is not worth it and she is playing games, I have moved on...

I am with a new girl now AND I do still my ex (what I remember of) but I dont want her back 101%....

Dont let yourself to be used! my advice..

and we are here to vent each other LOL

Eric

Silver Member
    Nice one. I hope to get there myself. Sooner rather than later!

I hope the day comes where she comes back to apologise for hurting me and I am in the right frame of mind to tell her where to go!

Silver Member
    sorry to say that but she will never apologize because she thinks she did the right thing.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emalkoc View Post
    sorry to say that but she will never apologize because she thinks she did the right thing.
    Yeah. I know. She's been this heartless so far without a care in the world. Why would she change? I don't expect her to apologise. She's got her new guy. No need to bother with me anymore. Out with the old, in with the new and all that.

I have no idea how people can just jump to someone else and make out that they've done nothing wrong. I couldn't do it.

I guess it just shows that I didn't mean as much to her as she said I did.

Mustang my brother..

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that my ex is with somebody now... the guy that she was holding hands with in the photo at the time of her "confusion" about us. At the time, my ex used my reaction to this photo as a reason for breaking up with me. She said it was the "final straw".

I accused her of lying. I told her I wasn't stupid. You don't hold hands and get cosey in a corner with a friend. She got very angry and said "nothing's going on and you know it! I've done nothing wrong. If you're going to keep accusing me then don't bother speaking to me."

OK, I did over react but I was right it seems because a few months later she went and stayed with him for new year. As you all know by now.

The only thing that I can't get my head round is why to this day she's still not told me that she's with him.

I asked her at new year and she didn't respond to my text. She replied the next day but chose to ignore that question in particular. She called me when she got back from Glasgow and told me that she'd been in Glasgow but didn't mention anything to do with this guy. We spoke for two hours and it was really nice. Maybe she was going to tell me then but bottled it.

Then a few months later in LC, I asked her again and she ignored it and changed the subject. She used to always do this whenever I asked if she wanted to meet up or speak about us. She'd always make an excuse like "I'm sorry I'm so bad at texting back!".

The only time I got any sort of closure from her was in her email to me last weekend which looks like it was only written to ease her guilt. In my email to her, I told her that I'm sure the last thing she wants is me hanging around when she has a boyfriend. Again, she didn't mention this in her email back to me.

She said things like "it may seem like I've moved on" which kind of hints that she hasn't but then she said "I'm sure you're making up for lost time and I'm cool with that" which suggests that she doesn't care what the hell I'm up to because she's happy with her new boyfriend.

But surely if she was happy with somebody else now she'd tell me? It's pretty obvious so why is she trying to hide it still? Is she worried that it'll show her to be a liar and it'll make her look horrible? Is she just keeping it to herself because it'll hurt me more? Or does she maybe want to keep the option open knowing that I am still single?

When I split with my previous ex, she told me everything. She wasn't vague. She explained that she could no longer be with me and that she was with somebody else. A childhood friend and she was happy. Yes, it hurt, but I really appreciated her honesty looking back and we are now very close friends. Probably closer than when we were together in a weird way.

It's just horrible to sit here in NC and think of her every day when she's probably laughing about me and having the time of her life with her new boyfriend. I just feel so cheated because in her email to me, she made it seem like it was just circumstances that split us up. I just don't know what to believe anymore. I never thought she'd be the person to just dump me for a better offer but it kind of looks that way.

I know that it's none of my business and I shouldn't be beating myself up over something I can't control but I really do want her back. The reasons she gave for us breaking up in my opinion and repairable and I've been hanging on to that thought. But if the reasons she gave were all lies then I just feel sick that I've put myself through all of this * * * * for the past five months while all the time she's with her new guy.

I just don't know what to think anymore. I just don't understand how after nearly two years somebody can just decide "oh, I like this guy more, I'll dump my ex" and not only do it, but do it so coldly like the person doesn't matter. I doubt NC is going to do anything. It's been almost two weeks and I don't feel any better. If anything, I feel worse in a way because I've made a big stand that is probably being discussed and laughed at by her and her friends.

I just read her email and I just can't decide whether it's bull* * * * or genuine. I just wish I knew the truth. I was in limbo before I decide to go NC and I was sick of it and I am still in limbo now. Why did she have to reply to my email? What did she think it would achieve? It probably made her feel like a better person for sending it. But the truth is, had she not sent me a response I would've felt better because I feel like she's had the last word rather than me.

I have no reason to contact her and I won't but I thought that I'd have made SOME progress by now. I'd be willing to bet that she's a lot better off without me hanging around. I'm sure her new guy is very happy about that too.

Erased. Replaced.
    Please gather yourself... I did go through what your are going through my friend. No your ex is guilty of what she has done to you and doesn't have the courage to face you, she just cannot look straight anymore into your eyes my brother... Exactly my story... I was everything that I man could/should be doing for his lady. Yes agreed I was hardpressed on monies, but it is temporary. My madadm just went on to another guy, without even telling me untill I pressed her hard telling her that the reasons she was giving me (i am not meant to be in a relationship, I want to my own things, travel, i wam to do all the girlie things) were not digestable... finally she complained to her dad about me harassing her and I smsed him the next day wanting to meet him. This scared the * * * * out of her when she told me that she was with someone, and she had lost the spark etc. Ha ha all over the phone buddy. She is stiil with him i guess, haven't heard from her or about her. So i know exactly what you are/must be going. It's a part of grieving process. Be strong... NOW stop keeping her on the pedestal as we all do, replace her with yourself now... Time will take it's own course. I went and saw a shrink, guess you too should buddy. Don't loose yourself now, not worth it.

Hey man, trust me when I say you ended the contact in a noble way, so take pride in that.

All the stuff you wanted to say, I did too. But like you I simply wished her the best and told her we couldn't be friends and I vanished.

It takes a lot to do that when you're emotionally charged and wrecked and abandoned like an unwanted sock.

But trust me, you did the right thing. I did the right thing. We're stronger men for it.

Of course I wanted to call her heartless, insincere, and untrustworthy with a pinch of Bipolar and Alcoholism to boot... But I didn't. I just walked away.

Just walk away, head high, anxiously embracing each new day. Much love.

Well said bwhite00... U are absolutely right. I think my ex was too on the verge of being a boderline alcoholism and bipolar disorder as well... Hope she finds her own happy ending. Because I am going to find mine, and I think I am reaching there...

Cheers Mate... Head high. embracing each new day...

This thread is over two years old...
    Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means. -Leo Buscaglia.

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity. -Albert Einstein.

Silver Member
    Hang in there man. Do nc and get yourself feeling better. Its truly her loas not yours. Time will heal you. It just takes time. It really does. I'm going through same thing.

•  

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...