have you ever lied to you ex about seeing someone new?

I actually went the opposite route and tried to keep the fact that I actually did have new suitors from my ex--I thought that since I would want him to be discreet about anyone new in his life, I should be discreet about my own dating.

So I got to find out about his new relationship from my Facebook feed and now I'm not sure he believes me when I say that I've been dating, too...*sigh* lol...I have to laugh or I'd cry!

I've lied to my ex about seeing someone new... sort of. Unless they ask me in a strightforward manner, I won't tell them who or even if I'm dating someone else. It's none of their business. I suppose that's not a lie, but it's not exactly open.

If asked, of course, I'd tell them.

Well, I wasn't seeing anyone exclusively--then I would absolutely have told the ex. I just tried not to be blatant about my casual dating on Facebook or anything like that.

Yeah, I know...it was weird behavior but it seemed sane at the time.

why is there a need to lie? Doesn't that make any relationship doomed for failure? Right now I wouldn't want to know if my ex was dating....so I stay away....however, if i was to be in contact in anyway then I would always want her to be open and honest...if you can't then why be around certain people? I am not at that point yet so NC is the best thing! I am quite not happy to be dating certinly not because of her and hopes of getting back..but because I am quite happy enjoying my own space without someone putting demands on my time.

I think lying outright probably isn't a good thing nor is it gonna get you anywhere.

If you want to go down that route, I'd suggest hinting at it rather than telling them crystal clear in an attempt to make them jealous.

I played that card with my ex over the Christmas period and it did kinda work. She asked me if I was seeing anyone or had been seeing anyone since the break-up and I just told her "not really, nothing serious". She then followed up with "so that's a yes then?" and I simply said "I don't think either of us wants to have this conversation" and it shut her up.

With that, I wasn't really lying as such, I was just making her wonder. She spent the rest of the evening kissing me and trying to come back to my place, so I guess it worked - but to be honest, my ex is the kind of girl who is probably easier to manipulate than your average girl. Needless to say, it didn't amount to anything, but it did make me feel somewhat empowered and put me in a better position to initiate NC a few days later.

rather stupidly, yes.

when i found out she was with another guy after dumping me, i did lie and say i was dating someone too. childish i know, but i was extremely hurt and upset at the time and wanted to 'get back at her' and show her i didn't need her anymore.

never mind, eh?

Archived