Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

if a guy calls you "baby" is that a sign he likes you?read on for further details

there is this guy he complimented my earrings. and asked me what perfume i wear. always says hello and goodbye. and just the other day he called me baby. and he always asks if i pick up on the weekends or where i go out to have fun. and when he found out this other guy liked me he wouldn't leave me alone and kept teasing me about it.but we dont really have a lot to do with eachother. is he just being nice or what?

Platinum Member
    He might enjoy flirting with you, he might just be being friendly, he might want to hook up with you, he might want to date you- it's hard to tell. Questions:

Is this the same guy you post about (the older man)

Do you work with him (I think so from your prior threads)
    Is he married or attached?
    How long have you known him?

The relevant "sign" if you are asking if he wants to date you is if he asks you out on a date - that is, if he is interested and available (the reason for the questions above). These interactions and comments you post about could mean so many different things or nothing much.

Are you asking if he wants to date you or if he is attracted to you? If the latter, he might be, mildly or a lot - it depends on whether he just enjoys flirting in general or finds you attractive.

I would disagree with anyone who responds to you that what he is doing "definitely" means any of the above.

I would say as a general rule, no. Personally i don't care for a man i don't know well calling me that. It sounds cheap to me. The ones who do it who don't know me well (only my good friends being playful are allowed to do this anyway) I would ask them not to do it. Sounds like a cheesy pick up lane "that perfume smells great baby" sounds more like a pick up line then "that is a great scent of perfume".

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JadedStar View Post
    I would say as a general rule, no. Personally i don't care for a man i don't know well calling me that. It sounds cheap to me. The ones who do it who don't know me well (only my good friends being playful are allowed to do this anyway) I would ask them not to do it. Sounds like a cheesy pick up lane "that perfume smells great baby" sounds more like a pick up line then "that is a great scent of perfume".
    Yes, good points, I agree with that too - wouldn't work for me, either.

Silver Member
    I knew an absolutely inexperienced nerd guy in my old school who called a girl "baby" ar slided his arm around her hips... to date, that girl has still nightmares...
    Been there, done that. :D

no this is a totally different guy.he is my age. and single.i think he is attracted but yeah i didnt know what to think when he called me that.i dont know him that well, just at work so its hard to tell.

Observe how he acts around other people. That is usually a good tip off. Some guys are just flirty like this. It might be harder to observe him unless you are in social settings with him and watch how he interacts wtih others.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    no this is a totally different guy.he is my age. and single.i think he is attracted but yeah i didnt know what to think when he called me that.i dont know him that well, just at work so its hard to tell.
    I would call that being desperately wanting and acting like being someone...
    Been there, done that. :D

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    no need to analyze. If he is interested and available to date you (if the work is not an obstacle for him, as well) he will ask you out.

If you are wondering whether he is attracted to you, my guess is he might think you are pretty and enjoy trying out those cheesy lines on you since he is sensing that you are interested in him. I would find those comments inappropriate in the workplace.

it might be inappropriate but whats even more inappropriate is a 50 year old guy coming on to me while he is married.but enough of that.i think ill just let it go and ill go with the flow.the young guy that is not the married one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...