Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meaning of kissing your hand??

Meaning of kissing your hand??

Ok so just curious about this one...guys can you answer this one...what does it mean when you kiss your gf's hand? Or why do you do it?

Bronze Member
    awww this is one of my favorite things. It goes back to the olden days! For me, he does it alot at restaurants when we're across from each other, or when we're in the car. Its a sweet term of endearment. Embrace it! ((( same with the forehead)))
    Yes, Yes, 8675309.. Hello LOIS? DAM you Tommy Tutone!

Let's try 1111112, Lois? no
    Let's try 1111113, Lois? DAM!!

Yup, I'm with YeahOk... Enjoy it!
    Jayar

It doesn't mean anything. Just a way to do something sweet/romantic.
    Doesn't mean the guy is in love with you though. But it does mean he wants you to feel special. Enjoy it.
    You're just too good to be true... Can't take my eyes off of you...

I never understood the kissing of the hand thing...I don't find it romantic at all. In the old days it was used both as a "romantic gesture" as well as a show of gallantry towards women in general. I think people do the hand kissing thing now because they think they are being cute. I think it is obnoxious.
    "A word to the kind: when I sense I'm hurting someone, I am. The fact that someone would be weak enough to tolerate that from me doesn't make me less responsible for my actions, it makes me more responsible". Catfeeder

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyaboutdogs View Post
    I never understood the kissing of the hand thing...I don't find it romantic at all. In the old days it was used both as a "romantic gesture" as well as a show of gallantry towards women in general. I think people do the hand kissing thing now because they think it is being romantic or gallant. I think it is obnoxious.
    holy crud are you serious???? obnoxious??!!

I don't mind if a bf does it. One I know likes me alot/adores me.
    But not just any guy. I have the urge to pull away if a new guy does it who I am just getting to know.
    You're just too good to be true... Can't take my eyes off of you...

My boyfriend does it when we are holding hands in the car, sitting beside eachother on the couch, and holding hands and walking around at random times... I asked him what made him want to do it and he said because he feels that he can never get enough of me and he adores me. I had never had a bf kiss my hand before him and it does make u feel kind of special...

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeckyllNHyde View Post
    I don't mind if a bf does it. One I know likes me alot/adores me.
    But not just any guy. I have the urge to pull away if a new guy does it who I am just getting to know.

now thats true..like a random creepy guy... yeah that i understand. maybe thats what she meant by obnoxious.

its a sign of Chivalry from what i can remember. Same with kissing a forehead, which i think a women finds sexy or romantic, my ex did anyways.
    99 Dodge 3500 Built DTT Auto, 3.55, 4x4, BHAF, 6" lift, ARP's, Danin Optix, Gauges, DAP 60hp sticks, FASS 95, 2LO kit, HIGH Idle, Silencer ring delete, 4" exhaust, SMARTY

"Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump

Ability is nothing without opportunity. -Napoleon Bonaparte

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...