Undoing damage

What can i do to reverse any damage done from smoking cigarettes/pot besides abstaining from it? Are there inhalers that could help my recovery by chance if anybody knows?

Background Info: I smoked cigarettes for 6 months, then pot for 6 months, and recently gave it up around October/November last year and haven't touched it since and plan on keeping it that way.

Thanks.

What!? The damage can't be undone? Ive been smoking lightly for 5 years now, and plan on giving up soon. But I thought that because I wasnt a heavy smoker, and I havent been on them for too long, I could more or less reverse the damage after a good few years?

As far as the damage done to your lungs, every day that you spend smoke-free is reversing the damage. I've never heard of anything else you can do.

However, the cannibis and cigarette toxins are still in your body. The cannibis stays in your fat cells, so you can help to get rid of it by losing weight (even if you gain it back again), going to the sauna, drinking water and cranberry juice, and you can clean out toxins from your intestine by fasting.

Stopping smoking is the best thing you can do to help.

I found this "cool" kind of chart about how your body "recovers" after you stop smoking and it breaks down some of the benefits you'll see over time:

After 20 minutes

Blood pressure and pulse are normalised, blood circulation increases.

After 8 hours

The level of carbon monoxide in the blood falls.

After 48 hours

Carbon monoxide from smoke and nicotine have disappeared completely.

After 2-3 days

Less or no phlegm in the throat, fewer breathing difficulties.

After 5-7 days

Your senses of taste and smell will improve, your breath is fresher, your teeth are cleaner and your energy levels higher.

After 2-3 weeks

Physical withdrawal symptoms will stop, and you can now go several hours without thinking about smoking. Your risk of blood clots (thrombosis ) is reduced.

After 4 weeks

Coughing, blocked sinuses and breathing difficulties should disappear. Less fatigue. More energy. The lungs are better able to resist infection.

After 2-3 months

Lung function improves by 5 per cent.

After 1 year

The risk of developing cardiovascular disease is halved.

After 2-3 years

The risk of developing severe pneumonia or flu is the same as for a non-smoker. Your risk of heart disease, angina (chest pains) and stroke continues to fall.

After 5 years

The risk of throat, oesophageal and bladder cancer is halved.

After 5-10 years

The risk of developing cardiovascular disease or thrombosis (blood clots) is the same as for a non-smoker.

After 10 years

The risk of lung cancer is halved. The risk of developing osteoporosis decreases.

After 15-20 years

The risk of lung, throat, oesophageal or bladder cancer is the same as for a non-smoker. But heavy smokers (20 a day) have double the risk of lung cancer for the rest of their lives.

I was taken from link removed

Archived