Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38

    Why Won't She Just Admit that She Cheated on Me?

    The thread title is kinda misleading because I'm currently broken up with my ex. I broke up with her because she grew distant and I could tell her mind wasn't on me anymore. Though, as I continue to ask her what went wrong...she always says something about her family and that she's been stressed. She doesn't know I have good information from elsewhere that she's been messing around with my former roommate! If I'm a betting man, I'd say THAT has more to do with why she grew distant as opposed to her family situation. But she's not mentioning that, she's only telling me one side of the story. So my question is...why? Why not just tell me she met someone else (someone I THOUGHT was a friend) and be done with it?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,963
    Gender
    Male
    I don't know ... maybe she felt too guilty, maybe she wanted to spare your feelings.

    If her affection for you dropped off very quickly and there was not a family crisis of some kind, I wouldn't take your bet unless you gave me long odds.

    Zack.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9
    Did I understand that you broke up with your EX...so it was your decision. Why bother then with what had been happening on her side?

    Further, why not just accept what she says as truth. Are you so convinced that she was cheating on your? And even if she was, what difference does it make? Again, you broke up with her.

    If she did cheat, then its her business and hers to live with.

    Leave it alone and get on with your life. There is nothing to prove here.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Working View Post
    Did I understand that you broke up with your EX...so it was your decision. Why bother then with what had been happening on her side?

    Further, why not just accept what she says as truth. Are you so convinced that she was cheating on your? And even if she was, what difference does it make? Again, you broke up with her.

    If she did cheat, then its her business and hers to live with.

    Leave it alone and get on with your life. There is nothing to prove here.
    No...I KNOW she had real family problems. But I also KNOW that wasn't the sole reason for why she grew distant because I know people that are close to her that have pretty much told me that in so many words (her friends).

    I broke up with her because I didn't want it to happen the other way around (which I felt was on the verge of happening anyway). It's not like I wanted to though. Plus, she has a Facebook and Myspace profile and on both it still says that she's in a relationship and she's never changed it since we broke up. So I know that it was someone else who got involved. I just want her to level with me and be honest about it.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9
    I understand its painful for you...particularly since you didn't want to break up. But you did...and while you may want an honest answer from her...it sounds like you are just going to have to accept that she is unwilling to give you one.

  7. #6
    Platinum Member Timebandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,327
    Gender
    Male
    Leave her be. She does not owe you an explanation, and frankly, you can't use an explanation for much.

    Accept, and move on.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Too far from home
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,880
    Gender
    Female
    You broke up with her without ever knowing if she cheated, you had a hunch, but did you ever confront her?

    If not, then get over it, you dumped her on a hunch, she owes you no explanation.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Timebandit View Post
    Leave her be. She does not owe you an explanation, and frankly, you can't use an explanation for much.

    Accept, and move on.
    I slightly disagree. This woman told me she loved me, wrote me a nice little love poem and everything. Besides, we were supposed to be in a serious, long term relationship. I don't think I'm wrong for wanting an honest answer...but of course I can't force her to do anything. I believe the people who told me it was my former roommate...so it was more than just some little hunch that I broke up with her.

    I guess I'm just lost as to why she can't be honest with me and tell me why she lost interest. But I am moving on...

  10. #9
    Silver Member Ampire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    33
    Posts
    330
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    The thread title is kinda misleading because I'm currently broken up with my ex. I broke up with her because she grew distant and I could tell her mind wasn't on me anymore. Though, as I continue to ask her what went wrong...she always says something about her family and that she's been stressed. She doesn't know I have good information from elsewhere that she's been messing around with my former roommate! If I'm a betting man, I'd say THAT has more to do with why she grew distant as opposed to her family situation. But she's not mentioning that, she's only telling me one side of the story. So my question is...why? Why not just tell me she met someone else (someone I THOUGHT was a friend) and be done with it?
    unless you have real proof then there is no reason to think that, people can grow distant from each other so as simple as a reason as falling out of love, there are sooooooo many reasons why this can happen...

    bottom line is you broke up with her, on a hunch, so you have no choice but to accept that...if she broke up with you, ok harrass the hell outta her until you get an answer, but it was the other way around.
    Hope is the last thing to go, but hope is what keeps you going!!!

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38
    Just so you guys know...I'm in college and this is happening on campus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...
 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Expert Advice

Online
CallChat
$3/minute
Feeling pain, anger, humiliation, guilt? Let me help you as you go through the emotions of infidelity. I'll listen and lend support.
Online
CallChat
$1.75/minute
25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE. Call Now and Feel Better. Compassionate, caring, sound advice. "I felt so much better after talking to Robert" "Very wise and helpful."
Online
Chat
$2.99/minute
Are you struggling with a partner's infidelity? Speak now to a top rated therapist to gain insight & clarity and come up with solutions for a way forward!
Online
CallChat
$4.99/minute
Is your partner cheating? Are you cheating and feeling badly about it? Are you or your partner involved in an 'emotional affair' that exists via the internet? I can help you.
Online
CallChat
$2.85/minute
Trying to cope with your partners or your own infidelity? Wondering what to do? Confused and need clarity? I can help you.