Thread: lower back pain/pressure

Silver Member

lower back pain/pressure

Hey!

I've been having pressure on my lower back for about a week now. It doesn't really hurt... it feels more like pressure with a tiny bit of pain when I bend... Because of this I'm sitting straight all the time now and it's quiet unnatural but I guess it's better for me. I don't usually sit straight or even stand sometimes. I've been told that I just need to exercise my back muscles and that it's because I'm tall.

I haven't had any injuries (not that I know of anyway). I didn't do something sudden to make my back hurt.. it just did.
    I'm 20 and feel like I'm falling apart. What is that? Is it just some random thing or should I go to a doctor? This is so weird.
    Thoughts?

Last edited by StarLily; 10-01-2007 at 12:55 AM.
    Something has changed within me, something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game. Too late for second-guessing, too late to go back to sleep....it's time to trust my insticts, close my eyes.....and leap...

I would be making an appointment to go see a Dr and possibly having an x-ray.
    If you do nothing, nothing is going to happen, if you do something, something might happen, The Future is yours, do something about it!

young people can have back problems.... do u have other illnesses? like ulcerative colitis? or rheumatoid arthritis? u could have some spondylopathy, or sacroilitis, or spinal stenosis... or even a herniated disc. whatever the case, u should see a doctor.

get to a doctor and have it checked out.
    it's possible to herniate a disc by something as simple as sneezing. it doesn't always have to be an injury.
    "stone is not what makes a prison"

IM

Gold Member
    Perhaps go see an Osteopath or similar. Young people can have back problems I have a slipped disc, it only takes for you to bend awkwardly to put your back out it can happen at any age. Sorry hun, I know how awful it feels.

Try iboprofen gel and a product called Biofreeze, these will help with the pain but will not cure it.

xxxxx
    Once you start laughing you start healing.

Being single DOES NOT equate to
    1) being alone 2) leading boring life 3) being unhappy

Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back - Million Dollar Baby

It doesn't seem like it at the time, but everything happens for a reason.

Silver Member
    I made an appointment... There is no pain, just pressure. The pain I feel is very tiny amount if I bend A LOT.
    Actually today I didn't feel any pressure until I sat on stool for awhile... aka nothing to lean on.

nuttybuddy, don't freak me out please.
    Something has changed within me, something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game. Too late for second-guessing, too late to go back to sleep....it's time to trust my insticts, close my eyes.....and leap...

Are you in school and have to carry around a heavy backpack cuz my back aches from that.
    "Learn the rules completely so you can break them correctly"
    ---Dalai Lama

"Whether we're a preschooler or a young teen, a graduating college senior or a retired person, we human beings all want to know that we're acceptable, that our being alive somehow makes a difference in the lives of others."
    Fred Rogers (The World According to Mister Rogers)

The number one cause of lower back pain is tight hamstrings.

Consider doing stretching exercises..the type where you bend to touch your toes. This will also help in the event of a herniated disk. You will find out soon enough if it helps. I find almost immediate results. When you stretch, do NOT bounce!

Disclaimer: This post is not intended as medical advice and should not be interpreted as such. Use the information presented here at your own risk!

Hey, ive been surfing the internet for lower back pressure problems and I found your thread from 2007.
    In the meanwhile I assume you have managed to cure your lower back problem? The feeling of pressure in my lower back has lasted for a while now and
    matches your description precisely. I feel pressure on my lower back, not really pain but pressure and when I bend forward it hurts a little.
    Im the same age as you were when you had this problem.
    Please, could you tell me how you fixed this problem? Im becoming desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher123 View Post
    Hey, ive been surfing the internet for lower back pressure problems and I found your thread from 2007.
    In the meanwhile I assume you have managed to cure your lower back problem? The feeling of pressure in my lower back has lasted for a while now and
    matches your description precisely. I feel pressure on my lower back, not really pain but pressure and when I bend forward it hurts a little.
    Im the same age as you were when you had this problem.
    Please, could you tell me how you fixed this problem? Im becoming desperate.
    Hi and welcome to ENA. It would be a good idea if you start your own thread so as to get replies to your own questions, as this thread is 6 years old and the OP has not been back in 4 years. Thanks. (Thread closed).
    Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones.

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...