Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is avoidance a sign that a shy person likes you?

Okay, I've been reading some topics on this forum, and since both the girl I like and I are shy, I've been rather curious about them. A general message I've found is that shy people seem to avoid eye contact and conversation with the people they like. Now, I'm in a situation where the girl I like happens to be my ex. So there's plenty of reasons for her not to talk to me...but I'm too curious at the moment as to whether her avoiding me is a sign she likes me.

So, first of all, is the fact that she's my ex the only reason why she's avoiding me? I can definitely see that, as it's true that we ended on somewhat bad terms. But they weren't too bad, and it's not anything that can't be fixed.

Secondly, can someone please explain why avoidance is a sign of attraction among shy people? That's what I've been hearing, and before I start making irrational conclusions, I'd like to understand why this is true. I've tried reading up on the subject, but I haven't found anything. It would be better if my question was answered directly.

Thanks for reading.

As a shy person, I will tell you our ways.

If I'm not 'into' someone....it's not gonna be too hard to talk, or make eye contact.

If I am, however, that little bit of conversation or eye contact has all that much more potential to go horribly wrong, and as such I want to avoid the situation and remain alone forever.

If it's your ex, she just doesn't want to talk to you. Why should she be shy?

whoa, I don't know where you got "avoidance as a sign of interest" from a shy person. i think that is more of a side-effect of a person being shy. Then that means if a shy person doesn't like you, then they go right up and start talking to you? not really a shy person then!

if she's your ex, maybe she is avoiding you because she's your ex and the breakup went badly. why did you two break up? how long ago and who did the breaking up? I think it may be more likely that she is avoiding you because she doesn't want to talk to you.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

I think shy ppl avoid things that are out of the comfort zone. An ex would avoid you because she dislikes you. I have an ex that makes me run the other way w/o even thinking about it. It's just reflex because I don't want to see or be seen with her.

Wow, you have an ex? Nice work man!

People tend to exaggerate themselves if they lik someone...

A conifdent person can come off as cocky
    A flirty person lays it on thick
    A shy person goes into the corner

Now those thigns can be overcome, in time, as long as you use what you have.

If you;re shy, use it! It;s a valid personality type like anything else and it's NOT a disease. Being shy and being a hermit are like being confidant and being arrogant, the former for both groups can be a good thing, if used well, the latter in each group is what;s bad.

In short,

Being Shy is nothing to be ashamed of, embrace it! Learn to use it! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by MadGenius View Post
    Wow, you have an ex? Nice work man!
    more than 1 actually

Oh ma Gad! Teach me your ways!

First, have an ENA account with dragon in the name like myself or puff, then you shall start your journey.

Oh, I'm far too lazy to make a new account just for a gag.

I am a total thread bandit. I apologize.

So, back on track.....How bout them shy folks huh? What's up with them? And airline food.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...