Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Gold Member

Men to chase or not? Do women like being chased?

Do men still like to chase women, especially at the beginning when you start dating? Do they like to take the lead when making the first few dates?

What do women prefer being chased and pursued?

From what I have read in books etc, men like to chase/pursue and to give to a female they like, a women just has to be receptive and thank him.
    i.e. books like Men are from Mars Women are from Venus "on a date".
    Once you start laughing you start healing.

Being single DOES NOT equate to
    1) being alone 2) leading boring life 3) being unhappy

Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back - Million Dollar Baby

It doesn't seem like it at the time, but everything happens for a reason.

hmm interesting, but I don't think the traditional "date" applies as much as it did back in the '90s as opposed to today. So really the "chase" has been wiped out.
    Shin K

Men are from Mars is rudamentary at best...take the lead...sort of...chase...never...i like to chase by letting them chase me...

Yeah. It's one of the most critisised claims made in MAfM,WAfV that men seek the role of power, and women seek the passive "back-seat". It's also afaik, been subject to very limited research.
    Shin K

Quote Originally Posted by bubblyblonde11 View Post
    Do men still like to chase women, especially at the beginning when you start dating? Do they like to take the lead when making the first few dates?

What do women prefer being chased and pursued?

From what I have read in books etc, men like to chase/pursue and to give to a female they like, a women just has to be receptive and thank him.
    i.e. books like Men are from Mars Women are from Venus "on a date".
    everyone wants to feel chased now and then. it shouldn't be one sided. but at the same time, things get boring if its too easy. the trick is to run juuuust far enough ahead that they think they're going to catch you, and then let them do so only when you're ready.
    You can be more.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gath View Post
    everyone wants to feel chased now and then. it shouldn't be one sided. but at the same time, things get boring if its too easy. the trick is to run juuuust far enough ahead that they think they're going to catch you, and then let them do so only when you're ready.
    very good point, I like that. Keeps everyone on there toes!
    Once you start laughing you start healing.

Being single DOES NOT equate to
    1) being alone 2) leading boring life 3) being unhappy

Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back - Million Dollar Baby

It doesn't seem like it at the time, but everything happens for a reason.

The whole chase and pursue thing is a game. I don't like games, I'd rather move straight to the real stuff instead of having a carrot dangled in front of my face.
    "Whenever I meet a beauty, I escape or hide in a corner. Not that I think they are intimidating, but they attract horrible people. Some guys really do their utmost to make these beautiful women believe how good they are..." - Thom Yorke

Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    As a woman, I both like and don't like the chase. It's a real ego boost as well as an exhilarating feeling to be chased by someone you like and have feelings for. It makes you feel needed and wanted. I DON'T like the chase though because in a way, you are playing a "game" (acting aloof, etc) so you peak a guy's interest. I find that hard to do because I tend to be the type of person that lets the other person know if I dig him or not. I have a hard time hiding my feelings.
    <---- sleepy Jasper

Quote Originally Posted by renaissancewoman101 View Post
    As a woman, I both like and don't like the chase. It's a real ego boost as well as an exhilarating feeling to be chased by someone you like and have feelings for. It makes you feel needed and wanted. I DON'T like the chase though because in a way, you are playing a "game" (acting aloof, etc) so you peak a guy's interest. I find that hard to do because I tend to be the type of person that lets the other person know if I dig him or not. I have a hard time hiding my feelings.
    I agree, I like to be chased, but only for a brief time I suppose, but I give in to the chase very easily if I like the guy. My BF can read me so easily, I am so open about my feelings and wear my heart on my sleeve. Therefore I don't like games either, I hate things like 'the 3 day rule' - they're either interested or not, why pretend you're not if you are haha!

BTW, your guinea piglets are soooooo cute!!!

I hate chasing women. We are not in junior highschool anymore. Stop with these silly games. Either you're interested or you're not interested. I'm done with these games of cat and mouse.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...