What are some signs that your girlfriend is losing interest in you?

HyruleGuardian

Definitely not calling as much, and a lack of wanting to hang out as much.

Here's some even better ones: she tells you she wants to spend more time with her friends; she doesn't call when she says she will; she doesn't respond to or send you text messages; she brings up anything about her single life (she misses it, she's confused, past stories when she was single, etc.)

When you start to get the feeling that she's acting "cold" to you, when you feel a "distance" vibe, when you know she's got problems but doesn't come to you first or asks your opinion and then gets advice from someone else and goes with what they say (of course, this happened even when she wasn't loosing interest

Sex isn't the same...or is non-existant. Same goes with kissing and cuddling.

In all relationships, the spark goes out a little. But when she looses interest, water's been thrown on it and believe me, there's no mistaking it for "things cooling off a bit."

I'm just curious from other people's experience what they noticed. For me near the end of our relationship she started calling less and she was always sad on the phone. I pretty much had to do all the initiating.

Hyrule,

Great question. Really, when their habits start changing. That is really more of a blanket statement. If she called a lot, and is calling less. Have you seen patterns in either the frequency she calls, text, emails, or sees you?

If this is a concern you have, step up and ask or just let her know how you feel.

There are 2 people in a relationship, and it takes 2 to make it work. It's always better to know then guess.

If you have started seeing patterns in how she is treating you, then I would bring it up and let her know how you feel. How long have you been going out?

There are many reasons people pay less attention to relationship, so it's really hard to say. Could be something from her past, relationship moving too fast, or she may simply not want one.

Communication is key my friend. I am not sure how hold she is either. Not that age matters, but usually, the older women get, the games get less and less.

There is no right or wrong here, but if you hare in a relationship and having questions, sit down and have a heart to heart and let her know how you feel.

Her priorities in life may have changed...

At this point it's speculation.

Good luck, and keep posting...

I have done this to someone before, I am sad to say. I didn't answer his calls as often, I made a lot more plans to go out with just my friends, I was probably pretty cold around him (mostly because I got to the point where I felt irritated to be around him), didn't want anything physical...actually didn't want anything even close to physical affection between us. Overall just being cold and distant. I very specifically remember avoiding his phone calls...mostly when he would call me to tell me good night (we were in college and not spending the nights together most nights.) I stopped really caring about where he was and what he was doing, and I'm sure it was obvious.

Gosh...I wasn't very nice, but I didn't know what else to do. I didn't have the balls to break up with him for a long time, so basically I did what I could to push him away...

*bit of a read*

Wow this topic makes me realize a lot of things. I am still in my first relationship and I'm only 17. Yes I'm young but things hurt the heart at any age but I guess I have more time to get what I want than others. So, my girlfriend, who dumped me like 4 months ago (didn't feel like she was ready to commit to a serious relationship btw) and then came back realizing her life is empty without me (it was tough to accept her again but I did). It started out good. I saw her everyday and she was doing her best to show me she wanted this relationship and that this was going to work and now we feel so distant. I get random texts from her at 2 am (she works 5pm-1am and then goes out with her friends from work) , telling me of how much of an awesome time she is having. I'm in bed cause I work long hours and I'm getting ready for post-secondary in the fall.

Half the time it's to tell me that she is getting really high off pot (it bothers me a little but not a whole lot) or just hanging out...whatever. She is 18. Not going to post-secondary and plans on working at a fast food restaurant til she knows what she wants to do. The problem is, the place where she works is full of immature 15-16 year olds who do whatever they want and don't have to quite worry about the future yet, and she starts to think that is how she should live.

Anyways, she is almost always busy with her friends from work. Honestly, I see her very little. For about 6 hours when we hang out and then she is gone for like 2 days at a time, then comes back. We used to see each other everyday or make a little time for each other. That is non-existant now. I go out every chance I get with my friends, who I have almost seen everyday. I see her about once or twice a week. I am just starting to hate this relationship. It makes me so mad cause we were so perfect before we broke up and now it's been complete crap. At least for me. She for some reason, is loving this relationship and I don't know why. Breaking up looks like the only answer but I am not that strong to be honest. This just makes it harder especially when it looks like I will never have a girlfriend again (just how I feel, most likely not true). Sex life is almost non-existant. Sex happens very few random lucky times and that's it. Kissing is still there as usual and holding but still, it just doesn't feel right. I don't know what to do. I just wish we could go back. Thanks for reading

Well, you're 17. I had my first girlfriend at 17, but it lasted 2 days.

General staff you need to know: boys usually get dumped at their first relationship and after they have sex the 1st time with a virgin.

So, again you're 17. The average number of wimen us men get is about ~10. Every new relationship means stronger feelings, stronger beliefs, more self-esteem and so on. You usually go from good to better.

So please, don't bother. This is what you need to think about: her problems are not yours. You're not there to fulfill her needs. So, please do yourself a favor and get a girl who actually worries about her future, who wants to actually spend time with you.

In other words domp her. FAST

Go with gut feeling. Ask her straight out? How does she think things are going? From past experience they'll probably not say I love you etc... be careful though, women have a tendency to decide they want to break off with someone a long while before they take action. In the interim they fish around for the next monkey branch.

for me when my first relationship ever fell apart she started acting very cold towards me.

conversations and txts i received were short and few and far in between with me doing most of the initiating.

when we met up she would seem distant like she didn't want to be there and make some sarcastic comments to me. it was as if she really resented me for something. at first i thought perhaps she was just in bad mood and that it was nothing to do with me but when she received phone calls from friends and family she would suddenly turn REALLY positive and chat for ages to them as if to rub it in my face that she was willing to make an effort with anyone but me.

she was my first love and was a bit naive and ignored the signs. i eventually confronted her on her behavior after why too much time spent worrying and she told me she no longer loved me and i was dumped. ouch!

i think 9 times out of 10 when your instincts tell you something is not right there is something wrong.

I'm just curious from other people's experience what they noticed. For me near the end of our relationship she started calling less and she was always sad on the phone. I pretty much had to do all the initiating.

those are signs right there. you are initiating contact. not good.

• 10 months later...

Archived