Butterflies in your stomach/nervous feeling

Tony426

Hi there,

You mentioned in your post that you were feeling sad...would you like to elaborate on this a little more so that we can offer you better advice and help you? Lack of appetite, feeling sad and nervous, and stomach/body pains are all signs of depression. My suggestion to you is to get yourself into therapy so that you can talk out some of these feelings and maybe start medication (if it is needed).

I suffered from mild depression a few years ago, coupled with anxiety disorder and in the beginning I had that same feeling in my stomach. At the time I was still seeing the pediatrician because I was only 16/17 and she prescribed me medicine for stomach pain. I think that you should go to the doctor if your stomach continues to bother you, because there is are medications that can reduce stomach acid. However, you are going to continue to feel bad if you don't get yourself the help you need (counseling).

Woman issues.

I met this girl about 3 weeks ago in school and we've really hit it off. She's given some signs that she likes me and she definitely knows I like her. I asked out but she told me she just got out of a 3 year relationship and doesn't want to date anyone right now. I'm so disappointed. I really like her but I don't know if I should stick around or just forget her. I can't get her out of my head and it's making me sick.

Well, for other reasons and things I can't get out of my head, I have been feeling the same way. Not wanting to eat, sick, ect. I find that the only thing that helps is to not let my mind go there (him). I try to keep busy. If I start to visualize things and think about it, the feeling hits me like a ton of bricks. Its parilizing.

Do you see her often? Mabey avoiding her for a while would be a good idea.

Woman issues.

I met this girl about 3 weeks ago in school and we've really hit it off. She's given some signs that she likes me and she definitely knows I like her. I asked out but she told me she just got out of a 3 year relationship and doesn't want to date anyone right now. I'm so disappointed. I really like her but I don't know if I should stick around or just forget her. I can't get her out of my head and it's making me sick.

dude.... i literally just had this exact same problem. except she just got out of a 1-year relationship... but still. It seems like you two still have a chance together, let her contact you next time she wants to do something with you. You not calling will make her miss you. So just wait it out. At least you had the guts to ask her out man, good job.

It happens to all of us... I've been through that stage so many times. I felt very depressed and unwanted, but I realized that I couldn't be sad ALL the time. Getting rejected hurts, but I realized that I couldn't stay sad forever.

I agree with the above poster who said to wait it out a bit. You need to show her that you have other priorities in your life other than her. Allow her to make the next contact... and if she doesn't - then you know.

But I wouldn't wait too long for her, because you don't want to miss other opportunities out there.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this? I've had to force myself to eat the past two days. I'm just very sad, nervous and anxious.

you have far worse issues than butterflies, you just met the girl 3 weeks ago did you expect her too jump in your lap?

this dosent mean shes not interested in you but she dosent want too date thats all, look at it from her perspective and chill out.

its not rejection, rejection is when you in a relationship like i was then turn around and the girl you like says "i dont want you i found someone else, i dont want you" thats rejection. shes just putting you on layaway thats all.

It's hard because no girl has given me this much attention in years. It's really caught me by surprise. And it doesn't help that she's beautiful and we have such nice chemistry. It feels so good being seen with her. Everyone in school probably thinks she and I are together. It's like I'm living a dream when I'm with her. And the thought of it not developing into a relationship just freaks me out and I think that's where this anxiety is coming from. So it's not easy to just move on. I have horrible luck with women. It might be years before another girl takes an interest in me.

THere is no such thing as ONLY ONE FISH IN THE SEA. I am sure there is another beautiful girl out there who will be similar in her attraction to you. be there for her, be her friend and hang but if another girl comes along and shows interest go for it. I will tell you this from expierience, if you put your life on hold for the POSSIBILITY of being with her, be prepared for the "I cant go out with you, your like a brother to me" statement, then what? Other fish man, other fish.

It's hard because no girl has given me this much attention in years. It's really caught me by surprise. And it doesn't help that she's beautiful and we have such nice chemistry. It feels so good being seen with her. Everyone in school probably thinks she and I are together. It's like I'm living a dream when I'm with her. And the thought of it not developing into a relationship just freaks me out and I think that's where this anxiety is coming from. So it's not easy to just move on. I have horrible luck with women. It might be years before another girl takes an interest in me.

if im not mistakin you just met the woman correct? 3 weeks isent going too do much man........im not telling you too move on beacuse she may want too be with you, just not now. but it sounds like your desperate in your sentence i mean c'mon tony, 3 weeks is hardly enought time too build up chemistry unless ya'll talked for hours each day. Pick your head up and move on too other women, i dont nessacarly get all the female attention i used too but hey........confidence shows, you know you have confidence when one day your surrounded by beautiful women like i was (but never realized it) and still confident, and when your alone and still confident.....your going too be fine, shes not the end of the world, your just spazzing out beacuse your infatuated with this woman and became clingy twoards her.

WOW, I didnt even catch the 3 WEEKS thing. I must be smoking doobie. 3 weeks. THAT IS PURE INFATUATION at that point. You do not nearly know enough about this girl or vice versa. Man, get to know her, spend time tlaking and such, go out with friends and just hang and talk. Give it time. Let it evolve. You say in school, high school, college what? High School, well then I dont want to sound high and mighty, but HIGH SCHOOL STUFF IS JUST THAT, HIGH SCHOOL. Once it is over, you all go your different direction.

This is college but this her last semester so I won't be seeing her in September when the new semester starts. But she lives like 15 minutes from me so it's not like I'll stop seeing her unless she doesn't want to see me again.

I understand what you guys are saying. Maybe this is pure infactuation but I cannot help it or don't know how to stop it. This doesn't happen often. I admit I'm desperate for love right now and even though she and I are not a couple and haven't even kissed, she's filling a huge void in my heart. It's not easy to move on other women. No other woman is giving me this type of attention. Hell, no women has been this friendly with me in over two years. If this doesn't work out, God knows when the next time a women takes an interest in me will be.

So how long should I stick around with this girl? We only have one more month together in class. Should I honestly just quit right now and avoid her?

I don't see a problem. This girl seems to like you. Instead of enjoying the time with her, laughing, being happy to have a friend, you are miserable.

I loved having friends of both sexes at school when I was that age. I didn't think because a guy talked to me he owed me a future.

What I'm seeing in many of the younger guys' posts is a scary sense of entitlement. That poor girl doesn't know what she walked into, does she? Who would think being friendly would cause so much trouble?

Black Hole comes to mind.

Avoid her? Just stop speaking to a really nice girl who has been your friend? Wow!

So if she won't date you, then you have no use for her at all?

I can't be friends with someone I like. What am I supposed to do when she finds someone else?

I don't see a problem. This girl seems to like you. Instead of enjoying the time with her, laughing, being happy to have a friend, you are miserable.

I loved having friends of both sexes at school when I was that age. I didn't think because a guy talked to me he owed me a future.

What I'm seeing in many of the younger guys' posts is a scary sense of entitlement. That poor girl doesn't know what she walked into, does she? Who would think being friendly would cause so much trouble?

Black Hole comes to mind.

You're right, from her end, she's not doing anything wrong. Sometimes I feel like she's leading me on but it's really my fault. I admit I'm the one with the problem. And I don't know how to solve it. The last thing I want to do is hurt her feelings but I have to protect mine as well.

Another thing to remember.

When you get old, your memories are what gets you through. You could hide in your shell and prevent heartache. But when you're old, things will be pretty boring.

things are going too be pretty boring when you get old anyways.........i dont see no excitement about having some young man hurrying to mush mashed potatoes in my mouth beacuse he wants too get out by 7 too get too happy hour

Archived