Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butterflies in your stomach/nervous feeling

Butterflies in your stomach/nervous feeling

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this? I've had to force myself to eat the past two days. I'm just very sad, nervous and anxious.

Bronze Member
    Hi there,

You mentioned in your post that you were feeling sad...would you like to elaborate on this a little more so that we can offer you better advice and help you? Lack of appetite, feeling sad and nervous, and stomach/body pains are all signs of depression. My suggestion to you is to get yourself into therapy so that you can talk out some of these feelings and maybe start medication (if it is needed).
    I suffered from mild depression a few years ago, coupled with anxiety disorder and in the beginning I had that same feeling in my stomach. At the time I was still seeing the pediatrician because I was only 16/17 and she prescribed me medicine for stomach pain. I think that you should go to the doctor if your stomach continues to bother you, because there is are medications that can reduce stomach acid. However, you are going to continue to feel bad if you don't get yourself the help you need (counseling).
    Last edited by prizmpyxis; 07-15-2007 at 07:24 PM.

why are you sad and anxious?
    my name is Shake Zula, the mic rulah, the old schoola.

Woman issues.

I met this girl about 3 weeks ago in school and we've really hit it off. She's given some signs that she likes me and she definitely knows I like her. I asked out but she told me she just got out of a 3 year relationship and doesn't want to date anyone right now. I'm so disappointed. I really like her but I don't know if I should stick around or just forget her. I can't get her out of my head and it's making me sick.

Well, for other reasons and things I can't get out of my head, I have been feeling the same way. Not wanting to eat, sick, ect. I find that the only thing that helps is to not let my mind go there (him). I try to keep busy. If I start to visualize things and think about it, the feeling hits me like a ton of bricks. Its parilizing.

Do you see her often? Mabey avoiding her for a while would be a good idea.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony426 View Post
    Woman issues.

I met this girl about 3 weeks ago in school and we've really hit it off. She's given some signs that she likes me and she definitely knows I like her. I asked out but she told me she just got out of a 3 year relationship and doesn't want to date anyone right now. I'm so disappointed. I really like her but I don't know if I should stick around or just forget her. I can't get her out of my head and it's making me sick.
    dude.... i literally just had this exact same problem. except she just got out of a 1-year relationship... but still. It seems like you two still have a chance together, let her contact you next time she wants to do something with you. You not calling will make her miss you. So just wait it out. At least you had the guts to ask her out man, good job.
    And as we wind on down the road
    Our shadows taller than our soul
    There walks a lady we all know
    Who shines white light and wants to show
    How everything still turns to gold
    And if you listen very hard
    The tune will come to you at last
    When all are one and one is all
    To be a rock and not to roll

It happens to all of us... I've been through that stage so many times. I felt very depressed and unwanted, but I realized that I couldn't be sad ALL the time. Getting rejected hurts, but I realized that I couldn't stay sad forever.

I agree with the above poster who said to wait it out a bit. You need to show her that you have other priorities in your life other than her. Allow her to make the next contact... and if she doesn't - then you know.

But I wouldn't wait too long for her, because you don't want to miss other opportunities out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony426 View Post
    Any suggestions on how to get rid of this? I've had to force myself to eat the past two days. I'm just very sad, nervous and anxious.
    you have far worse issues than butterflies, you just met the girl 3 weeks ago did you expect her too jump in your lap?

this dosent mean shes not interested in you but she dosent want too date thats all, look at it from her perspective and chill out.

its not rejection, rejection is when you in a relationship like i was then turn around and the girl you like says "i dont want you i found someone else, i dont want you" thats rejection. shes just putting you on layaway thats all.

If this is living, I am not affraid of death. It cannot be much worse.
    Move on man, she just got out of a long term thing and you would be a rebound, she is smart in saying not right now so she knows this. Live your life, if it is meant to be, it will be.
    BoNzOpHuEbEs1

We must be the change we wish to see.
    Gandhi

It's hard because no girl has given me this much attention in years. It's really caught me by surprise. And it doesn't help that she's beautiful and we have such nice chemistry. It feels so good being seen with her. Everyone in school probably thinks she and I are together. It's like I'm living a dream when I'm with her. And the thought of it not developing into a relationship just freaks me out and I think that's where this anxiety is coming from. So it's not easy to just move on. I have horrible luck with women. It might be years before another girl takes an interest in me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
The journal Social Psychology and Personality Science has published a new study according to which individuals who consume organic foods have ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Ben Barry, a modeling agency CEO, has recently conducted a survey in order to find out what kinds of models inspire women to buy their clothes. He ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Eating diet high in trans fats is associated with irritability and aggression, say researchers from the University of California, San Diego School of ...