Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clogged/infected tear-duct???

Question Clogged/infected tear-duct???

So my right eye's tear duct is EXTREMELY swelled up and sore...

I don't know if the tear duct is clogged or if it's infected or what. It definitely seems "gooey-er" than usual (sorry). I've tried putting a hot wash cloth over it... I wear contacts but they've been out for a while...

Anyone have any suggestions/know what I could do about this?

Merci boucoup.

Edit: I haven't slept in my contacts or injured my eye in any way....

It hurts make it stop. Ugh
    Last edited by jengh; 04-05-2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: add...
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!

Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon? Tell me this was just a game we played called life...

I had something similar, my dr said that it should go away on it's own in a few days but if the pain is unbarable or it feels like it is getting worse he gave me some anti biotics for it and it went away within a day or two

Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    You should try to see a doctor. If its infected there could be some serious problems.

Take some ibuprofen.

The hot cloth is not going to help, use a cool, super clean cloth, preferably something that has been bleached recently.

Don't touch it, if you do, make sure you wash your hands well.

Gold Member
    Have you had a "sty" or medical term conjunctivitis before? If you wear contacts (like me) you are prone to them just because of your fingers near your eye. Take it easy on the contacts for a few days, and it'll go away. If it persists longer than 3 days then go to your doctor.

what kind of antibiotics? I have a bunch left over from some other infection a while back... I could try them...
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!

Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon? Tell me this was just a game we played called life...

Quote Originally Posted by willow2900 View Post
    Have you had a "sty" or medical term conjunctivitis before? If you wear contacts (like me) you are prone to them just because of your fingers near your eye. Take it easy on the contacts for a few days, and it'll go away. If it persists longer than 3 days then go to your doctor.
    no, I've never had that before...

Gah, go without my contacts? crap.
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveMyBabyCairo View Post
    what kind of antibiotics? I have a bunch left over from some other infection a while back... I could try them...
    I wouldn't if i was you, that's pretty dangerous.

I would go to the dr.

gahhh i hate going to doctors....

Okay, so cool washcloth, no contacts, no fingers near eye....got it..
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!

Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveMyBabyCairo View Post
    Don't do that!

Do not self medicate. You should talk to a doctor. Never use old medication, you can only make things worse if the medication is not specific or strong enough for an infection. It could cause resistance and make it hard to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnelianButterfly View Post
    Don't do that!

Do not self medicate. You should talk to a doctor. Never use old medication, you can only make things worse if the medication is not specific or strong enough for an infection. It could cause resistance and make it hard to get rid of it.
    my drug-program on my palm pilot says it's for infections and bacteria... but okay... I self-medicate a lot... I have a lot of useless medical knowledge... was going to be a doctor. That was a bust.
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...