Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Birthday gift idea for a new acquaintance?

I'm attending a very casual birthday party for a new acquaintance soon. I was invited by our mutual friend that is organizing the event. I don't know her well (the birthday girl), but have hung out with her a few times, always in a group setting. I doubt most folks at this event are even getting her a gift, so I don't want to get her anything that draws attention to the fact that nobody else got her anything... just something small, cute, or funny -- or maybe nothing if it is too soon since I don't know her that well yet -- but would like to know her better. A few details about her... she is into photography, she runs and is training for a marathon (we are all in a running club), she drinks beer -- a funny beer mug maybe? Hell I don't know, if I had a great idea I wouldn't be asking here... lol.

If you are interested in her romantically I would strongly advice against getting her a gift.
    Follow this link for my article; A Man's Ultimate Guide for Successful Dating:
    http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210147

To hear my fiancée sing check out this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Airicx

Why is that?

Follow this link for my article; A Man's Ultimate Guide for Successful Dating:
    http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210147

To hear my fiancée sing check out this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Airicx

This isn't a gift for a date, it is for a birthday party. I don't see what your other post about dating has to do with this... and I'm not talking about flowers but something funny (like the beer mug idea), but better than the beer mug idea.

Anybody else?

I'd get her a funny card, If you feel l like you want to buy her soemthing you can throw in some lotto tickets or a postcard of a beautiful photograph since you said she likes photography
    IF A MAN COMES TO YOUR DOOR AND SAYS HE IS CONDUCTING A SURVEY AND NEEDS TO SEE YOUR BUTT. DO NOT SHOW HIM YOUR BUTT! THIS IS A SCAM. ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS SEE YOUR BUTT
    I wish I had received this yesterday. I feel so cheap and stupid.

Thats more like it, thanks. I do like giving funny cards to people.

a funny card is perfect. maybe a cheap gift card to starbuck's or something. it's simple and innocent.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

Definitely a funny card. I think a beer mug would be cute, too... It's not over-the-top and is pretty cheap. Ghost's idea of a gift card to starbucks was a good one.
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!©

Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon? Tell me this was just a game we played called life...

maybe she will invite you to share the card with her. you get your money back and a possible friend or date.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

•  

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...