Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hate my skinny legs! How can i get them bigger?

I have had a fear of showing my legs since i was born and i'm sick and tired of it. I don't wear skirts or dresses, i always look for same when i go out in town jean everytime. I'm very tiny, size 6, size 2 feet and a small body frame.

Any advice on how to get them bigger? oh i also go to the gym too but i'm still now happy.

I always had very thin legs too and was self concious of it....my ankles were so thin that I always thought I looked funny in shoes with bare legs!

What worked for me honestly was when I got more into cycling and running...cycling developed my quads, calves, and running the smaller muscles in the legs and gave more tone, and then when I added weights at the gym (lunges, squats, deadlifts, calf raises) with substantial weight they really became strong, shapely and now I am often complimented on them. It definitely took for me more than going to the gym though, and not worrying about it...one day I just looked down and saw how my quad muscles popped, it was a great moment!

Ankles are still thin, but not so bad with my stronger calves now!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkolivegreen][B]<--- [COLOR=sienna]Carbun the Super-Bunny[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#556b2f][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkolivegreen][B]At the end of the day, how you imprinted on someones life and heart is the only true mark any of us leave on this earth and is what we are most proud of... [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][I][SIZE=1]- My Biggest Hero and Mentor: My Mum.[/SIZE][/I]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=orange][B]Il faut d'abord durer [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][I][SIZE=1]- Ernest Hemingway[/SIZE][/I]

-shakes fist-

I hate you people and your skinny legs!!
    try having canckles!! -grumble-
    Dont let the self-rightous dictate your own mind to you...

I have had the same issue since I was born.

I think the only way to "treat your condition" is to do exactly what RayKay said.

My way of getting more "bulk" to my legs was having a baby!! I know that sounds like I got "fat"...but that isn't the case. I did gain a little weight from my babies...but walking with them in a stroller up and down hills bulked up the muscles in my legs a little.

I am not saying to go have babies! LOL But maybe there is something similar you can do to get a little more muscle in a way that compliments your scedule. Good old fashioned exercise and consumed (highly absorbable) protein is my guess.

Good luck!!!
    I love people too much to hide what I truly see.

BTW-just love your adorable sexy little frame. People are very attracted to that.
    I love people too much to hide what I truly see.

Thanks for your advice. I only used weights, if i go on the tredmill will that loose weight? or cycle even? i don't want to loose any weight.

As long as you are eating well, you should not lose that much weight, if any. If you increase your exercise, you should eat more (reasonably of course) to allow for muscle rebuilding/repair that will tone up and add some muscle to those legs.

Weights are great, depending on what you are doing, because there are many specific exercises you can do to add muscle. Running/cycling (and throwing in some hills, sprints) also helps build that functional muscle and all the stabilizer muscles too.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkolivegreen][B]<--- [COLOR=sienna]Carbun the Super-Bunny[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#556b2f][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkolivegreen][B]At the end of the day, how you imprinted on someones life and heart is the only true mark any of us leave on this earth and is what we are most proud of... [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][I][SIZE=1]- My Biggest Hero and Mentor: My Mum.[/SIZE][/I]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=orange][B]Il faut d'abord durer [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][I][SIZE=1]- Ernest Hemingway[/SIZE][/I]

skyblue,

a great way to build up your legs is by doing squats and lounges. this will give your quads more defination which in turn will make them a little bigger. also, if you eat more protein, that will help in building lean muscle mass. hope this helped a bit!

Silver Member
    Weight lifting and diet will get them bigger

take some of my fat, please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...