Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Friend Zone Quote

This is a quote I came across online today about guys stuck in the dreaded friend zone.

"A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

Discuss:

I find it to be very ammusingly accurate.

Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    you have all the qualifications we are looking for
    Obviously if the guy is only a friend he doesn't.

I like lots of guys, I may friend zoned them, but its not my fault or their fault. Just liking someone isn't loving them or wanting to spend a long term relationship with them.

Well CarnelianButterfly, if he's a nice guy and she wants to hold onto him as a friend but not as more, what's the missing piece of the puzzle? He's lacking something.

He's lacking the variable that makes him special. Every woman has something that she holds dear to her above all else. I know the man I adore is unique of all the men that I know like me.

I don't want to be rude, but in all honesty you probably just "think" they're special. Everyone is "special" as in unique from all other's in some way.

There is a quality or qualities that appeal to you that you may or may not be conciously aware of.

My favorite quote: "You're unique, just like everybody else"

I know he's special.

The guys that think that they can wheedle into a relationship via being a friend are not special, they're deluded.

Isn't your line of thought their a little treacharous? I may be approaching this from the perspective of a guy here. It seems alot of guys dont' feel its right to try to get romantically involved with a girl until they've earned her trust as a friend. Not saying I believe this methodology, but its definately out there.

I think that I've read far too many posts by men complaining or showing how jilted they are of being friends and nothing more. They get stuck in a situation they don't like, but don't let the girl go and move on to a more fruitful relationship else where.

To follow your analogy, would you only apply at a job that continued to not hire you and told you they wouldn't ever hire you?

You have a point there.
    (though I have miraculously overcome the friendzone before.)

I think a part of the problem here is that guys are very challenge motivated, and when a guy is turned down, he only wants to work harder and overcome that challenge to be accepted. I know there were alot of girls I was only somewhat interested in until it seemed that they lost interest in me, then it totally hooked me and I was completely intrigued with them then.

Do you want a conquest or a partner?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...