My doctor has recently prescribed me with the Dianette pill to take - but I'm a bit worried having read a variety of reviews on it's various effects.

Does anyone have any personal experiences with this they could tell me about? It's hard to trust everything you read online!

Thanks

I was on Dianette, and didn't even finish the first 3 packs before asking to change.

I was on it for 2 weeks before I started to notice that I had become a lot more...I wouldn't say moody, but definitely a lot more on edge, and it took very little to make me angry or cry. Everyday was like having PMS I overanalysed everything everyone did, especially my (now ex) boyfriend. I concede that in that case, I turned out to be completely right to be upset about what he was doing, but I doubt I would have been crying every day solely because of what was going on between us.

I had a terrible terrible experience of Dianette. It was fantastic with sorting out my cycle! I used to suffer with disabilitating pain every month, and never ever knew when my period would come, but with Dianette it was obviously predictable, and I experienced nothing like the pain I had before. But for me, I thought I was rather change my pill and have more pain than stay in the state I was in. I'm now on Loestrin 20.

Anything else you want to ask - go ahead!

• Like 1

Thank you Parsley the lion

That's a really helpful reply, I appreciate it! I will be taking it to control PCOS and mood swings, and most of the reviews I've seen of it suggest that it makes them depressed as the main side effect.

How have you found Loestrin? Any side effects when you first started, or in the long run?

Thanks

Quite alright!

Loestrin I can't really be sure about. It's a weaker dose and I've noticed that I have more pain, and on the day of the last pill of the packet I get spotting, so I'm not quite as predictable as Dianette. But it's predictable enough for me, and I'll be sticking with it! As for side effects like depression - I honestly don't know. I still felt very down for the 2 weeks I had been taking it for before my ex broke up with me, and since then I really don't know if it is depression as a side effect of the pill or depression because of what happened with my ex and adjusting to living back home.

I'm sorry that you've had that - it really doesn't help the situation when your hormones are out of whack and you don't know if you're coming or going!

Thanks for your help - I think I'm going to have to rethink taking these and have a proper look at my options!

Thanks - and good night!