Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Dark brown discharge!? What is that???

Hi guys!! I am just clueless here and i've search google for answers and i want your opinions as well.

I had my period the first week of January (around the 3 or 4) and after that i stopped using birth control pills. Then had unprotected sex on the 13th. Took the morning after pill on the 60th hour after that. TODAY 23th i discovered a dark dark brownish discharge and i'm not expecting my period but next week on the 31th. What does this mean? Is the Plan B not working? I'm waiting another week to do a pregnancy test assuming i might get conceived.

Hey pocky - Don't worry ah-k?

brown usually just means old blood. Don't worry about it - if it keeps up or gets real red - then go see a Dr as soon as you can, but if it's dark brown and it's just spotty - don't even worry!!
    What i really meant to say, is that I'm sorry for the way I am......

Brown blood, as PP said could just be your body ridding itself of old blood from your previous period and after taking Plan B but at the same time it could be implantation bleeding. I would go to see a doctor ASAP, especially since you have taken Plan B and if you're pregnant that could be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythical_Suicide View Post
    Brown blood, as PP said could just be your body ridding itself of old blood from your previous period and after taking Plan B but at the same time it could be implantation bleeding. I would go to see a doctor ASAP, especially since you have taken Plan B and if you're pregnant that could be a bad thing.
    OMG implantation?? I don't want anything implanted there! I just can't wait until my real period comes and if it doesn't ... oh gosh .... i've had my period two weeks ago...can't possibly be ridding old blood because this is not normal for my body. i'm just really really worry guys.

Platinum Member
    It could be implantation bleeding but it could also just be your body reacting to the changes it's undergoing. The morning after pill can also screw with your system so don't assume anything just yet. When I came off my Pill my cycle also shortened by a week and I wasn't pregnant.

What is Plan B? If it's a new form of birth control I am with Mythical Suicide - why not get thee to a doctor.

Caro, Plan B is the "Morning After Pill"

and yes, Pocky you took the risk of going off of birth control and THEN having unprotected sex you could be pregnant and this could be implantation bleeding, you don't want anything "implanted" there the reason you should never have unprotected sex unless you're ready for that. I would suggest going to the doctor to be seen.

Ok...after the dark brown blood i think i'm having a normal period although it's one week early then it should be. I just HAD it around the 3 or 4!!! Now i'm having is again and is dark red plus VERY HEAVY........is this normal guys? I've never bleed so much since i first got my period back in the old days! I feel weak and dizzy from all the blood lost.

could be your body adjusting after you going off the pill.
    Last edited by Mythical_Suicide; 01-24-2007 at 07:08 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_biscuz View Post
    Ok...after the dark brown blood i think i'm having a normal period although it's one week early then it should be. I just HAD it around the 3 or 4!!! Now i'm having is again and is dark red plus VERY HEAVY........is this normal guys? I've never bleed so much since i first got my period back in the old days! I feel weak and dizzy from all the blood lost.
    The morning after pill did this to me too I think. I actually only started getting full-on periods after the morning after pill (or Plan B - it's not called that here, sorry), funnily enough.

Are you seriously weak and dizzy from blood lost though? You might feel bad, yes, but from loss of blood?I mean, people can lose a pint or so I think when they give blood at the bloodbank, and that has minimal effects. You shouldn't really be losing more than a few teaspoons, maybe half a cup maximum across the whole period. I might be speaking through my proverbial though.

I missed the part about feeling weak and dizzy, I doubt its from all the blood loss of your period even if it's heavier than usual. I used to have pretty heavy gushing (TMI,s orry) periods and never got like that from the blood loss but because of the hormones. Could be the same reason for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Babies who are conceived with the help of some methods of fertility treatment are at more risk of birth defects than babies who are born to parents ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Women, who suffer from excess weight or have Type 2 or gestational diabetes during pregnancy, are at an increased risk of having a child with ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Pregnancy may decrease a woman's risk of developing the debilitating illness multiple sclerosis, Australian researchers have found. It has already ...