brain tumor symptoms?

Hi I posted a few days ago about being worried about my upcoming MRI. I get the results tommoro. I was just wondering has anyone ever woken up with tingling in their hands and a feeling like their pinky fingers are double jointed. I've been getting tingling in places ranging from my feet to hands. Please respond if you've experianced anything like this.

I can understand you are worried. We all are when we have symptoms going on in our bodies and are waiting for test results. I have read your other threads about your concerns. Many of us know how you feel with having to wait to hear your results.

Hopefully tomorrow you will have some answers as to what is going on. You mentioned in your thread title " brain tumor symptoms"........ I am no doctor, so I wouldn't really know what those would be. Not sure if tingling sensations would indicate such, but I would tend to think not.

Please let us know how you are doing and what you find out from your MRI results.

A brain tumor does not typically present with tingling in the hands/feet area. Typical symptoms include (but aren't limited to or 100% pathognomic) projectile vomiting, double vision, vertigo and headaches. There are numerous causes for tingling (also known as parethesias, dysthesias)

Hyperventilation (only one example) can lead to tingling in your hands (fingers) and feet.

Did you have a complete neurological exam by a neurologist? They will test your balance, your strength, your reflexes etc. An abnormality in any of those things would be detectable upon a complete neurological exam.

Try not to worry too much. I know that's hard. But worring can accentuate things like tingling.

hosswhispra

Other classic symptoms of brain tumors are personality changes, depending on where the tumor is. Also deficits such as weakness, or forgetting how to perform a well known task, such as reading or writing.

Projectile vomiting tends to present more in very young kids with brain tumors.

There can be lots of causes for parasthesias, as Hoss said, breathing too fast, pinched nerves, diabetes.....

Try to relax and not overthink it while you wait for your results. Hope you will update us too!

I had that tingling in my hands/arms feeling a few years ago. Went for an MRI, they found a herniated disk in my neck. It was pressing against the nerves and that's what was causing the tingling and pain.

I had surgery to remove the herniated part of the disk. Solved the problem. Of the surgeries I've had the neck surgery freaked me out the most before hand and it wound up being the easiest/quickest recovery. Go figure.

Try not to worry about it. The results are what they are. Once you get them, there's a good chance you'll have some clear idea of what's going on with you. When you know that, you can start researching it and deciding with your doc what to do about it.

I had pins and needles (tingling) in my hands and feet a few years ago. The doctor thought it was potentially Multiple Scelorosis, and after a lot of tests they said it was done to stress (I was having a horrible time!). So I know how scary it is, and I tortured myself with 'what if' scenarios, but everything turned out just fine. I guess you wait and see what the test results say, but there are loads of relatively harmless things it could be.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!

Normal to feel edgy, but try not to panic too much since you are going in soon.

One of my friends had a brain tumour a few years ago...her only symptom was to pass out one day!

The symptoms will vary according to what is wrong, tumours can press on different areas, bleeding can affect different areas, nerve damage can make you have tingles, etc. Best bet is to just keep your appointment and go get checked out!

I have been to the dr. twice and both times they checked my eyes, strength, balance, etc and were not concerned i just find the tingling odd along with the popping i have in my pinky fingers in the morning when i move them

Have you been evaluated for other things beside a brain tumor?

no not yet. But really the tingling never was a thought until this week and the last time i saw the dr was last fri. At that time i told him i only had slight tingling. Even now during the day there is not much tingling except alot of the time when i step with my left foot the bottom of it tingles. And in the morning it is normally my left hand this week that tingles the most. So part of me wants to say its jsut anxiety induced as i have a history of worrying and dwelling on things.