Spotting, barely-there bleeding... this is not a typical period. Am I pregnant?

englishpeony

My cycle is an exact 28 days, and my period was due January 7th. On that day, there was nothing. Later on that night, when I wiped, there was some reddish brown spots and stuff, but no full-out period. The next day, the 8th, the same thing, all day. Reddish brown spotting and the occasional red spot or two. Not even enough to wear a tampon, pad, or even a panty-liner.

Today was the 9th, and the same thing. In fact, for a couple of hours it seemed the 'bleeding' stopped completely. Then we had sex a half hour ago, and afterwards I went to the bathroom and urinated. When I wiped, this time instead of brownish fluid, there was a few streaks of bright red, more than earlier.

Still, this is all very strange because always by day 3, my period is heavy, full out flowing. It barely even seems like a period. I don't even have cramps.

My sister told me today that she has a bad feeling I am pregnant. I told her about my barely-there period and she told me that very same thing happened to her when she was pregnant with her second child.

Advice, please.

Well there are a few things to considder. If you have a regular 28 day cycle, then what days were you having sex? Normally 10 to 14 days after the FIRST day of your last period is you most fertile days.... calculate those.... then are you using contraceptives? If you are on the pill, did you use antibiotics during the last month (sometimes the cancell out the pil)

Did you drastically lose weight, or exercise or stress this month? It could have an effect on your cycle!

Spotting on the day your period is supposed to start can be implantation bleeding, when a new ovum implants into your uterus to become a baby. The best thing for you to do to be sure, is get a home pregancy test!

Well there are a few things to considder. If you have a regular 28 day cycle, then what days were you having sex? Normally 10 to 14 days after the FIRST day of your last period is you most fertile days.... calculate those.... then are you using contraceptives? If you are on the pill, did you use antibiotics during the last month (sometimes the cancell out the pil)

Did you drastically lose weight, or exercise or stress this month? It could have an effect on your cycle!

Spotting on the day your period is supposed to start can be implantation bleeding, when a new ovum implants into your uterus to become a baby. The best thing for you to do to be sure, is get a home pregancy test!

Yes, I was having sex on those days indeed. I have a real handy tool called Mymonthlycycles that caculates it all.

I haven't used any contraceptives at all. We've been having unprotected sex for a few months now. I haven't lost any weight or anything like that. I've heard of implantation bleeding, but heard it only lasted a day or two. This light, barely there spotting is going on day 4 tomorrow.

So ya mean the bleeding is definitely a sign of pregnancy, even if it's starting to turn bright red and it's going on 4 days since it started? If so, I'm quite happy.

But really though, what's happening definitely sounds like implantation bleeding??? Rather than just a very very light unusual period??

On Day 4, it stopped completely. It never went into a medium or heavy flow, and what was happening was merely spotting, not even a light flow. And it stopped completely on day 4. I last the full 7 days.

So, I'm worried now. Is it too soon to take a pregnancy test now? I know Dilly said you can take one as soon as your first missed menstrual period, but I've read how a lot of people will test too soon and they don't have enough HCG in their systems yet, and it will turn out negative. My boyfriend said he is buying me a test tomorrow. Is it too soon? Should we wait another week?

Listen, some tests are sensitive enough to give a positive result as soon as 2 days BEFORE your next menstrual period. Since you have now officially gone OVER the date of the start of your period, Im sure it will show positive if it is. If it gives you a negative result, and you are still unsure then take another test a week later... but just TAKE THE TEST ALREADY will you!!!

Well, took the test on Friday evening, which was Day 6 of my cycle. The spotting stopped on the 4th day, actually probably during the night of the 3rd day.

Anyhow, the test came out negative, though it was a negative bordering on the faint side. (The control window line was dark pink, and the negative sign was a lighter pink.)

My sister told me that when she had spotting when her period was supposed to start, that she waited until a few weeks later to get tested by the doctor. She told me it might be too early for me to test now.

So, it's negative but I wonder why I really didn't have a period.. it was nothing but a bit of spotting that lasted a few days. It never was a flow.. Maybe I did test too early?

Ok, so there was a faint line in the Test window? Read this from midstream early pregnancy website

Positive : After the urine has been in the pregnancy test stick for five minutes, you can conclude that you are pregnant if a rose-pink color band appears in the "test" portion (T) of the window (this second color band will appear in addition to the first control color band). See the diagram below.

Negative: You can conclude you are not pregnant if no rose-pink color band is seen in the large test window within 5 minutes. Note: Even if a faint rose-pink color band is visible in the test window at five minutes, the test is positive.

I would definitely not think everything was negative. Give it a few more DAYS (not weeks) and test again. If you are pregnant your HCG count will rapidly increase, so you should get a difinative answer shortly, alternatively, go for bloodwork!

Sorry, I'm being confusing.

I had this sort of test which had two windows. One was the control window, which always forms a horizontal line to show that the test is working regardless of the positive or negative results, and that you didn't urinate too much or too little onto the test stick end.

The other window would determine whether you were pregnant or not. A horizontal line would indicate negative, and a plus sign would indicate it being positive. It had a slightly faint horizontal negative line.

So, the results were negative at this time, but you're right about the HCG count thing. My bf and I are waiting a bit to test again to see if my HCG has risen, or if I'm even pregnant at all.

I've been having MAJOR cramps (like someone's sticking a knife into my lower stomach & pubic region!) and headaches. Not sure if that indicates anything.