Does Karma really exist in relationships?

I've had a really had three months. My boyfriend left me for another girl who is unattractive (I know I'm being shallow, but I'm hurt) and she seems insecure about me being friends with him. She left her long term bf for him and just seemed to pounce on him. Now, he tried to cheat with me a few times during the first month they were together, and he never treated me very well, but I was crazy about him.

It's been a month since I've last seen, and I'm starting to lose faith that he will one day get what he desreves, or that the way he treats people (and me) will come back to him. And I'm starting to lose faith that good things will come to me and that I will be just as crazy about someone else, and they will be crazy about me.

Everyone told me and still tells me I deserve better and that I'm pretty and a really good person, but I don't know if I believe it anymore.

I need help. I need to hear stories of people who have been really hurt in realtionships, and they found happiness, and either their ex tried to get them back and they didn't care, or that their ex got what they deserved (and I don't mean that in a mean way, but just to say the way they treated you or other came back to them). Does Karma really exist?

I believe karma does exist, but it doesn't happen necessarily in the timing or the way we want it to. Not in the short term anyway. I say just look at the way this has played out and a similar scenario will eventually happen:

He left you for her, but already tried to cheat on her. She left her long-term boyfriend for him. So IMHO chances are very good they will have a miserable, nasty relationship with cheating and double-dealing on both ends and they will break up. That will be his karma. And you deserve better.

My own personal karma-comes-true stories:

1) My first boyfriend cheated on me constantly and broke up with me for some skank he picked up at a bar one night. Turns out she is nuts, tried to move into his apartment after 3 weeks, and came back and broke in when he kicked her out. They broke up, and a year later a court summons appears at his house ordering him to give a DNA sample for a paternity test. Turns out the kid is his, the woman is still nuts, and he is paying child support for a son he never sees and has to deal with this fruitcake of a woman for 18 years. I would find this situation extremely funny except I feel sorry for the kid.

2) Another boyfriend broke up with me over the phone after a 2 year relationship after meeting and cheating with a new girl. He of course starts cheating on the new girl with a 3rd girl, who is jealous of the girlfriend and starts emailing her and calling her at work telling them all about this. He talks his way out of it and gets engaged to the girlfriend. Six months later at their engagement party this girl he was STILL cheating with shows up with pictures and video footage of them doing the nasty. In front of all the family and friends. Girlfriend breaks off the engagement and pawns the very expensive ring and takes a trip with another guy.

So karma will come around, trust me. You will get over this and find someone who treats you well and you will be in a happy relationship. It might take some time, but you will get there.

And on a fellow shallow note, my current ex's new girlfriend bears a strong resemblance to a horse and seriously needs an eyebrow wax in the worst way.

hey i feel for you on this...yup same stuff, my girl of 3.5 years left me for some older guy who had a lady too. during the last moments of our relationship, she claimed he treated her right, blah blah blah. funny part is he told her that every girl that he was with cheated on him, even with the one he was with at the time. sad part is, he cheating behind her back? doesn't make any real sense at all does it?! dude was knows how to play the game right! sorry to bore you with my ish, just venting out.

yes, karma will happen. but its something you shouldn't expect. it'll come on its own. stuff happens for a reason right? and then karma kicks in for a reason!? well to give you an insight, it happened to one of my guy friends and my ex-friend who is my ex's "bestfriend". about a year ago they were together happy and what not. then towards the end of march, they split due to the girl being insecure and immature for her age and he just didn't want to deal with it anymore.instead of talking it out and trying to fix things, he just walk out. she being 18 and my friend 21. well for about 2 1/2 months, she became very depressed and very sad. he was supposedly fine and what not, and just living his life. well from what he told me, he meet someone and ended up sleeping with her. in one night it hits him, and he realize he made a mistake and wanted to try again. well turns out she meet some older guy 28 through friends and they ended up hooking up. on her graduation, he tried to talk to her and tell her he made a mistake, but i guess it was too late. she already told him that she meet another guy, and she couldn't just wait around for him. so i guess for my friend sleeping with one girl for him to realize became his karma. so yeah thats a story for you.

Oh the universe has a strange way to balance good and evil.

My friend cheated on his gf on their anniversary and he thought it was really funny...He told her that he had cheated and broke up with her.

Well in is next relationship, my friend got cheated on on valentine's day!!! She told him and she dumped him for the other guy...

So yeah, somehow strage stuff like this happens. I say do good eveywhere you go and it will flow back to you. But be evil and it will eventually bite you hard in the bum!

KARMA, is something I strongly believe in. In 05, I got fired from my job then a week later my bf of like a year breaks up with me. Then like 2 weeks later he starts to date this girl who I was starting to be friends with. So he ended up dating her. I was shocked that he left me for that ugly cow!! and hurt that he said he needed time to spent with his daugther who needed her father. Which was all a lie. But, he got his. then almost a year later, he got fired from his job, then his gf broke up with him. Then that ugly cow started dating this other guy that was even uglier than my ex .

But, in the end I'm glad that happen. Because, now I'm in relationship with someone I honestly love and I can see myself having a future. So it might take your ex a while to get what he deserves. But, What goes around, goes around, goes around, don't go away, back around. So just give it some time and you'll see what I mean.

I believe in karma very strongly. I have had a few thing's happen to me.

1) Back in highschool I took a cd player from someone and they had to call the schools police guard to ask for me to give it back. The next year I let a friend borrow my CD player and they never give it back. I called the police guard and I never got it back but they payed for it -$20 It's stupid But I realized that it was to similar situation and that I should look out for karmic wrath.

2) I started going out with someone for the wrong reason. I didn't want to hurt this guy's feelings and I said yes with out really meaning it. I never spoke to him and we where pretty much not together and I kissed another guy on the lips. Of course I broke up with the other guy being that we werent really going out. 6 years later my now current ex-boyfriend and I where about to break up and he kisses some chick on the lips and tell me "i was going to break up with you anyway" and that one really hurt and it still does it just happened recently and we where together for 4.5 years...so thats more than 3 fold karmic wrath right there. Maybe it really hurt that guy in some way.

3) My "first" (i was 16) pretty much whent out with me to get the sex thing over with and out of the way and pretty much used me. His next girlfriend did they same to him and stoled a cupple of things from his house.

For some reason this guy broke up with me on New years in 2001.. 6 years later my HS sweetheart breaks up with me on new years...I really don't know what it is about new years.. but I just seem to be really unlucky around this time. So I do believe in cycles and karma after all we are connected to this world even if you don't believe it.

I have had a lot of things happen like this so I do believe in karma and that it comes back 2-3 fold. I try to be the best person possible because somehow it does come back. I guess these aren't all about relationships but I think they are pretty good examples of some "in your face" ones. I'm only 21 and this right now has been the worst breakup ever... I hope the last.. and I don't wish him something horrible.. I hope he finds himself and knows what he wants from life.. if we are ment to be together maybe later in life we will meet again. No more wishing harm on others for me...Karma is real...

i don't really believe in karma, not in the spiritual sense, i mean... i prefer to think of it as the butterfly effect... and i do believe in it.

one small action on your part can have tremendous consequences or benefits later on... i guess you just never get to know whic ones..

As a Taoist to me Karma like the idears of good and evil are just things we make to see the world throw,

if you believe them then you give them power over you

giult tends to be the out come and as such hides in wait to coloer our sight as we move throw life.

Selfishness and Giult each sides of us the good and the bad us, and aways we seek one other the

other when in truth we are always there in the center, living each moment, doing each act,

ask yourself this dos Karma giude your hand as the knife falls or dos it just keep count of the cuts,

to me they there are just acts and events and its what we who make and keep Karma.

• 3 years later...

Karma can exist. I had a friend who was really in love with her boyfriend and he cheated on her, but she was so in love with him that she gave him another chance, he cheated on her again and decided to break up with him after that. A couple months later, she gets another boyfriend who treats her really well and shes falling in love with him. And now he wants her back and would do anything to get with her again. Hes begged her, but she doesnt want him anymore. Hes miserable without her. So it can happen.

Not sure I understand Karma but I think that if you treat people badly then it does come back on you. With cheating my belief is that if you cheat on someone, then you can expect to be cheated on by the fact someone is willing to be with you as a cheater.

Not sure if I've explained that too well where what I trying to say is if a third party is a willing participant with someone who is cheating on their partner, then it's likely that third party will cheat on the cheater. As a result, the cheater gets what they deserve.

Yeah, I agree with the above post to an extent.

Not karma as such but the kind of people who are horrible to you are likely to be horrid to the next person they date, and then of course that comes back to them. Either the kind of people they attract are equally unstable (and so mess your ex about) or they mess things up for themselves.

I guess really people need to realise that most of the time its nothing personal.

• 1 year later...

My nightmare began by learning of an affair with my wife of 20 years and high school sweetheart of 10 years before that. I took her back after it blew up and 8 months later it resurfaced and she went off with another married man and broke up his house along with mine. Three kids on my side and Two kids on his side had to deal with their families ripped to shreads and torn apart. I divorced her immediately but she didn't waste any time and had him move in with her and forced my kids to accept him as now he could pay her bills and allegedly give her the life she always wanted. His kids turned their backs on him due to the pain they went thru so his consolation was no contact with his kids again. However, my ex got a new live in boyfriend who paid alimony and child support to his now ex-wife and whatever money was left over my ex would use that to pay her expenses. Even though my daughters were uncomfortable with him she never gave them the option of acceptance or non acceptance she just wanted his money so she could shop more freely and have no financial headaches.

This has continued for a few years now and everyday I get up the first thought in my head is, "will she pay the piper today"? Imagine a person who ruins not one but two families, has no shame or guilt that her boyfriend has no relationship with his daughters for almost 4 years, and doesn't care if her kids are miserable because they were forced to live under a roof and share their life with a man who betrayed their dad, betrayed his family, and was a true to life homewrecker as was their mother. Being a homewrecker is a crime in many people's eyes. However, the only people that don't see it that way are the homewreckers themselves. They rationalize their behavior with some psycho-therapy mumbo jumbo and call it a day and say things like "I need to feel fulfilled" or "I wasn't happy". Anyway, I'm still waiting for Karma but the more I wait and think about it, the more it becomes like watching and waiting for water to boil. I'm not trying to think about it anymore and that is the advice I care to share and maybe that will bring it on faster.

thanks,

jeff

• 4 years later...

Karma doesn't exist. Sh×y happens, peoplw do sh×tty things. Karma is usually a term adolescent people use to make sense and take control of their situation at the time. People grow up and realize there are much worse things to this world than a guy/girl who hurt yoir feelings... where some cloud in the sky is going to open up and lightning is going to strike them.

Everything simply has cause and effect... if people make bad decisions, the road takes them down that path of choice. If someone cheats, chances are they will do it again. Simple.

I had an ex who walked all over me when I was younger. Blamed me for everything. i never did anything to hurt her. She would dump me over the phone and sleep with other guys, and blame me for it. After a cpl months she found someone else and rubbed it in my face. Now they are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary and have 3 children. Did "karma" bite her in the butt? Nope.

But there are worse things that could happen to people.

• 11 months later...

I was in a relationship with a girl from last years. It started with friendship and ended with bed sharing. now the funny point is when we were sharing bed her ex BF was doing entry in her life and I came to know by her grand mother. Initially I thought she might be in dilemma and i need to talk to her. 2 month passed after this and I found that she is neither leaving ex nor me. Now here is also a interesting point that at the time of her EX entry she got some money from her parental parts. his ex has found us many time red handed and still continue this relationship. Here is confusion I cant understand who is more cleaver. Girl or his ex. If girl lover him truly then she will never cheat him. IF boy loves her truly then he will do entry before his money.

Archived