Thread: want to get a mole removed from my face, will it scar?

want to get a mole removed from my face, will it scar?

Hey,

I want to get a mole removed from my face. Its annoying because I get hair comming out from it. Anyway my question is will my face scar if I get it removed? Anyone had a mole removed? Did it hurt?

No more!

Well, it depends what kind of mole it is I guess. I had a small skin tag on my stomach that the doctor burnt off a few years back. It did hurt at the time, and afterwards for about a week, but its just left a sort of freckle mark now.
    You should enquire about it to your doctor.

My aunt had it done, it does leave a scar, but it's not as noticable as the mole...

There are creams that you can use to speed the healing process.
    I'm sure you can find out about them by googling it.

Best of luck.
    "Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."
    George Orwell; 1984

4. 12-31-2006, 11:23 AM

I`ve read that people have refused anaesthetics to prevent scarring (it numbs it so afterwards the blood cells don`t do their regular tissue healing as efficiently as usual). I guess it depends how much pain you`re willing to go through and how worried you are about possibly having a little scar.

I had a mole on my upper lip. I cut it all the time shaving, it would then bleed all day. I had a plastic surgeon remove it years ago. No pain, no scar. I am so glad I did it.
    kermit

Once you go green you never go back!

I had two raised moles removed from my face just this summer (the hairs coming out were annoying, I hear you there!). I had a topical anesthetic applied, and then the moles were burned off. I barely felt it, even though they were on a fairly delicate patch of skin. You can still somewhat see the marks if you look closely, but they are flat, skin-colored, and barely noticeable. I could easily cover them up with makeup if I wanted to, but they don't even need that.

I have a small raised brown mole on the side of my jaw/chin and I went to see a dermotoligst and this is what he said: If it is a mole it probably has roots, any mole on the exterior usually erupts from the inside, and if a dermotoligist removes it they are required to take it "all" out, down to the core and biopsy it for cancer, even if it looks benign, so scarring is pretty much a given. My daughter has one over her spine and her MD made a huge deal about the roots possibly affecting her spinal nerves so she has to have MRI's every so many years to watch for complication, so as you see moles can be very pesky. A plastic surgeon may look at things differently if you want to go that route.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
    Les Brown

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...