Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you know your allergic to condoms?

How do you know your allergic to condoms?

ok, well I've had sex at least 20 times now,
    condom used everytime,
    same brand everytime,
    same man everytime,
    infact hes the only guy I have ever had sex with,
    he has no stds, he just got tested, and he has only had sex with one other person which was years ago.

now that thats out of the way...

after about 5-10 mins into sex, it starts to hurt. not everytime, just sometimes, its weird. I assume this is because of the condom.

after sex when I pee, sometimes I feel a slight burning if the pee drips near my outer vagina.

its almost as if theres a cut or something, but we have looked and seen nothing odd. no redness, no nothing.

after sex, after I pee and I'm wiping myself, im still extremely wet, and have to wipe my self alot, and it itches as I wipe myself, causing myself to wipe extra hard, and extra alot, till im bone dry, then I can feel a slight little fold where it itches, yet in the mirror I see nothing.

Now me and my man are confused about this, Iv'e determined it definitely is sex related, seeing I only have this slight irritation after sex. Its rather uncomfortable, but does go away after several days, but lately we have been having sex alot and it hasnt had a chance to go away, but I know once we start back up again, it will lead to irritation all over again.

Now, I don't know if all women have a slight irritation after sex, or if its the condom's fault, but its not everytime, we have had wonderful sex without any irritation afterwords, but well, i dont know, any thoughts on this would be helpful.

I am absolutely positive we both have no stds. Perhaps I'm allergic to latex? or maybe just semi-allergic??? How do you know for sure if you are? Do you ever experience itchy-ness after sex with mild irritation? oh and, theres no bleeding either, so im puzzled why its burning when pee hit near my vagina, and it almost feel like its inflamed or something.

but again, this is only sometimes but lately its most of the time.

Bronze Member
    It sounds like there might be some sort of allergy going on there. Also have you ruled out excessive dryness as the problem? Because too much friction can definitely irritate. But also I suppose if there is some sort of spermicide on the condom, that you could have a problem with that.

I am allergic to alot of different things, outdoor plants, lots of animals, some foods, so it wouldnt surprise me of it was an allergy, but I dont know, it seems like its not bad enough of an irritation to be an allergy, cause I can easily live with it honestly.

and as for the excessive dryness...not the problem at all, half the time, im so wet during foreplay im getting dabbles of wetness on the sheets. although, I might be getting dry durring the actual act, which is whats causing the occasional pain.

Sorry- this one's a bit detailed

It depends on how long you are having sex for too. I know that even when I'm wet, it can sometimes cause a bit of burning after sex when I pee.

You rub something hard enough and for long enough it's probably going to cause a bit of friction! Also if he is putting his fingers into you, I have found that this can cause a bit of pain afterwards because fingers are rougher than a penis but in the heat of the moment you may not realise it's causing a little pain.

Hope that helps

x
    You're just too good to be true...

I don't know rthia.. I know I hate condoms myself for that very reason. I do think I'm allergic to latex.. There's no lubrication to them.. and the lubricants from your bf's penis would make things easier. But since that's all covered up.. you are bound to be irritated. I find the same thing too.
    You can try a lubricant and there's even lubricated condoms. I would NOT suggest using the non-lubricated ones. I tried them myself a week ago and they aren't very pleasant for the woman, especially if you might have latex allergic problems. Have you tried the Lamb Skin's Condoms. Since neither of you are having sex outside the relationship, it seems like a good choice for you.
    They aren't that great for stopping STDs I've heard, but that isn't an issue for you guys apparently.. so they might be a good choice.
    Let me know if you try them and if you like them. I've been thinking bout using them myself from time to time.

Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    Condoms are latex protein that can cause allergic reactions in some people, symptoms...
    • Itchy, red, watery eyes
    • Sneezing or runny nose
    • Coughing
    • Rash or hives
    • Chest tightness and shortness of breath
    • Shock
    You find latex in balloons, gloves, condoms, rubber bands, baby bottles and nipples, adhesive tapes and many other products. Contact with these things will cause the above symptoms in varying degrees.
    There are non-latex condoms available if this is a latex allergy, but you might consider other things as well.

Condoms are lubricated and have spermicide. The spermicide is a chemical addictive that kills sperm, so it not being a natural part of the body can cause irritation. You may feel burning, stinging, warmth, itching, or other irritation during or after use. It can be avoided by using condoms without spermicide, just read the package. Sensitivity to the chemicals in the lubes may give similar results.

Find out what type of condom was used, the additives and such and the try other condom types. I would suggest getting a plain latex and then a hypo-allergenic lubes such as Pjur or Pink (you might have to get these online). I would avoid spermicides the most though since its an anti-biological and chemicals that are suspected to cause issues with the integrity of the vagina walls.

The ones me & my lover tried were non-lubricated. They were awful. I wouldn't recommend those.. I thought that the spermicide was INSIDE the condoms though, not coating them on the outside!
    How would that come in contact with the vagina then, if the spermicide is lying inside the condom?

I would check out these 2 condom store for nonallergic condoms.

http://www.condom.com/
    http://www.condomania.com/

Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SexySadie7 View Post
    The ones me & my lover tried were non-lubricated. They were awful. I wouldn't recommend those.. I thought that the spermicide was INSIDE the condoms though, not coating them on the outside!
    How would that come in contact with the vagina then, if the spermicide is lying inside the condom?
    The spermicide is in the lube on the all of the condom. Repeated exposure to the chemicals are not good and can lead to increase risk of some STIs.

Try a different material, like polyurethane. They make condoms that aren't latex.

Or if you want to do the experiments yourself, get a box of latex examination gloves and some boxes of gloves made from different materials and stuff them in your vagina (one at a time, of course).

Let us know how it works out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...