Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to spot a lesbian?

sorry for the crude title. Just wondering, if you`re lesbian, how do you know if someone else is without asking?

I have met girls with short hair, sort of punky, which I thought might be, but it`S kind of embarrassing to ask. One, cos if they`re not it`ll be akward, and two if they are they might think you`re into them (which you might not be). Is there a way of telling? Is there a vibe? A look? A code? How do y`all find each other?

Quote Originally Posted by turqoise View Post
    I have met girls with short hair, sort of punky, which I thought might be, but it`S kind of embarrassing to ask.
    Yeah, well, there's plenty of straight girls who dress punk with short hair so that's not a good way to tell. And if you ask a straight girl if she's into girls you'd make her paranoid and might hurt her feelings, "OMG, I look like a lesbian!?"

I don't know how to tell, usually I only know if I see some girl is kissing another girl.

Maybe if you're old enough you can go to a lesbian club or put out a personal ad on one of those dating sites?
    Toby: We're not all gonna sit in a circle Indian style, are we?

Michael: Get out. No this is not a joke. It was offensive and lame, so double offensive. This is an environment of welcoming and you should just get the hell out of here.
    -the Office

Gold Member
    I have definatly gotten the lesbian "vibe" from a few women, not that I think that there is a specific set of body language that has to go along with lesbians, but just like gay men... it is just something..other.. that you pick up on sometimes.

And yes, I have been asked by a woman if I was a lesbian, and no, it didn't make me all worried that I looked wo-MAN-ly.

When another woman comes on to you, perhaps?

How do you spot a straight woman...?
    "Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."
    George Orwell; 1984

The ones with the boy-short haircuts and the rainbow t-shirts on are the lesbians!
    I twist my heart round again, so that the bad is on the outside and the good is on the inside and keep on trying to find a way of becoming what I would so like to be, and what I could be if...there weren't any other people living in the world. - Anne Frank

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballys View Post
    The ones with the boy-short haircuts and the rainbow t-shirts on are the lesbians!
    rofl

I have always found the female mullet to be a dead giveaway...lol

I lived with lesbian mate a year shareing a flate, we would go drinking together and play the spot the strat, bi, bent, girl saras name for the game not mine. I tell ya its hard, lipstic lesbians throw you the most, and bi girl used to go for sara in a big way, it could dent your ego when you gay late mate gos out with lovily. Me I was fine with it saras a grate mate and it was a grate time.

but I'm telling you, you can never tell a bokok by its cover

Heehe, thanks.
    Well, I`m way too scared to go to a lesbian bar, and too private to divulge all details through the net, so I figure, maybe I will meet someone somewhere and be able to tell..the thing is I would usually assume that a woman is straight until she told me.
    I`ve yet to see rainbow Tshirts, though at gay parades inthe past all the women have been quite stereotypically butch-looking...I think maybe I know what the vibe is but I`m not sure it could have just been me.

I`d appreciate if more light could be shed on this. How have other lesbian couples met each other? Also, do lesbians tend to be feminist? (I`m asking because I`ve met a few girls who I thought might be, and were into feminism in a big way-and this might be a way of being more sure through talking?)

It's difficult to tell, especially if you're totally crushing on the person. I really like this girl and I could've SWORN I was getting vibes from her. After a little research, she's without a doubt straight. I almost, ALMOST said something to her. I think that sometimes these "vibes" we feel are actually just us overanalyzing every little thing a girl does in hopes to find out she's gay.

Maybe some people have gaydar, but I think I'm missing that gene. hah. I'll probably never date a girl unless she comes out to me because it's too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballys View Post
    u know...thats kinda mean...some girls hav boy short haircuts, that doesn't make them lesbians.
    and rainbow tshirts...really?!

it's truely impossible to spot a lesbian..
    they can be tomboyish, or prepy, or whatever!!!
    they r juss into girls!
    not like they r a differnent species!!
    SMILE!!!!
    ~it looks good on you :)~

so stand out in a crowd will you!
    dres ur own way
    feel your own way
    be ur own person!!!
    WOO!
    emo 4 life...
    lolz

12. 04-14-2008, 10:34 PM

•  

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Being single around the holiday season can get many people extremely sad and depressed. Everywhere you go, you see other couples doing shopping ...