Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to spot a lesbian?

sorry for the crude title. Just wondering, if you`re lesbian, how do you know if someone else is without asking?

I have met girls with short hair, sort of punky, which I thought might be, but it`S kind of embarrassing to ask. One, cos if they`re not it`ll be akward, and two if they are they might think you`re into them (which you might not be). Is there a way of telling? Is there a vibe? A look? A code? How do y`all find each other?

Quote Originally Posted by turqoise View Post
    I have met girls with short hair, sort of punky, which I thought might be, but it`S kind of embarrassing to ask.
    Yeah, well, there's plenty of straight girls who dress punk with short hair so that's not a good way to tell. And if you ask a straight girl if she's into girls you'd make her paranoid and might hurt her feelings, "OMG, I look like a lesbian!?"

I don't know how to tell, usually I only know if I see some girl is kissing another girl.

Maybe if you're old enough you can go to a lesbian club or put out a personal ad on one of those dating sites?
    Toby: We're not all gonna sit in a circle Indian style, are we?

Michael: Get out. No this is not a joke. It was offensive and lame, so double offensive. This is an environment of welcoming and you should just get the hell out of here.
    -the Office

Gold Member
    I have definatly gotten the lesbian "vibe" from a few women, not that I think that there is a specific set of body language that has to go along with lesbians, but just like gay men... it is just something..other.. that you pick up on sometimes.

And yes, I have been asked by a woman if I was a lesbian, and no, it didn't make me all worried that I looked wo-MAN-ly.

When another woman comes on to you, perhaps?

How do you spot a straight woman...?
    "Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."
    George Orwell; 1984

The ones with the boy-short haircuts and the rainbow t-shirts on are the lesbians!
    I twist my heart round again, so that the bad is on the outside and the good is on the inside and keep on trying to find a way of becoming what I would so like to be, and what I could be if...there weren't any other people living in the world. - Anne Frank

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballys View Post
    The ones with the boy-short haircuts and the rainbow t-shirts on are the lesbians!
    rofl

I have always found the female mullet to be a dead giveaway...lol

I lived with lesbian mate a year shareing a flate, we would go drinking together and play the spot the strat, bi, bent, girl saras name for the game not mine. I tell ya its hard, lipstic lesbians throw you the most, and bi girl used to go for sara in a big way, it could dent your ego when you gay late mate gos out with lovily. Me I was fine with it saras a grate mate and it was a grate time.

but I'm telling you, you can never tell a bokok by its cover

Heehe, thanks.
    Well, I`m way too scared to go to a lesbian bar, and too private to divulge all details through the net, so I figure, maybe I will meet someone somewhere and be able to tell..the thing is I would usually assume that a woman is straight until she told me.
    I`ve yet to see rainbow Tshirts, though at gay parades inthe past all the women have been quite stereotypically butch-looking...I think maybe I know what the vibe is but I`m not sure it could have just been me.

I`d appreciate if more light could be shed on this. How have other lesbian couples met each other? Also, do lesbians tend to be feminist? (I`m asking because I`ve met a few girls who I thought might be, and were into feminism in a big way-and this might be a way of being more sure through talking?)

It's difficult to tell, especially if you're totally crushing on the person. I really like this girl and I could've SWORN I was getting vibes from her. After a little research, she's without a doubt straight. I almost, ALMOST said something to her. I think that sometimes these "vibes" we feel are actually just us overanalyzing every little thing a girl does in hopes to find out she's gay.

Maybe some people have gaydar, but I think I'm missing that gene. hah. I'll probably never date a girl unless she comes out to me because it's too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballys View Post
    u know...thats kinda mean...some girls hav boy short haircuts, that doesn't make them lesbians.
    and rainbow tshirts...really?!

it's truely impossible to spot a lesbian..
    they can be tomboyish, or prepy, or whatever!!!
    they r juss into girls!
    not like they r a differnent species!!
    SMILE!!!!
    ~it looks good on you :)~

so stand out in a crowd will you!
    dres ur own way
    feel your own way
    be ur own person!!!
    WOO!
    emo 4 life...
    lolz

12. 04-14-2008, 10:34 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...