Can you love someone and not want to be with them?

Is it possible to love someone but not want to be in a relationship with them because of not wanting to commit, wanting the freedom, having life goals to fulfill before getting into a serious relationship, wanting to be financially stable first. Wat do u think?

Is it possible to love someone but not want to be in a relationship with them because of not wanting to commit, wanting the freedom, having life goals to fulfill before getting into a serious relationship, wanting to be financially stable first. Wat do u think?

I think it's totally possible - It just comes down to what you want more

And if you're willing to risk losing this love.

I think you can care and love for someone and choose not to be with them

BUT, and there are probably many whom disagree so it is just my opinion: I think it also means that you just don't care or love them enough to be honest or perhaps you know that despite your feelings the relationship is not healthy so does make you more "fearful of being committed to it forever" or you know it is not a partnership that allows you to pursue your goals

For me, relationships are about partnership through good and bad, and about mutually supporting one another through those goals in life. If you truly do love one another and have a healthy relationship being together and following those dreams are not mutually incompatible with one another.

And, I also think when you don't want to commit, it is because you know in your heart or mind that the relationship/person is not right. If you want your "freedom" (freedom for WHAT exactly?) it is because the pros of being with that particular person do not outweigh the responsibilities for you.

If the person is right, and you really do love them, those "obligations" or "limits" are seen as voluntary choices to be together.

• 6 years later...

It is possible to love someone and not want to be with. I am going thru that. Me and my ex first started dating almost 3 years ago. After a year and a couple months we broke it off. Now after two years we still love each other. I love her very very much but I don't want to be with her. I will be sweet and loving one second and then screaming and pushing her away the next. I don't know why I just get bored of her and want someone else but I still love her. 3

Archived