Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

My "boyfriend" threatens to kill himself when i try to dump him. I can't get out.

I met my "boyfriend" online 3 years ago. we have since met a few times in person. I want to break up with him. I have wanted to numerous times. Everytime i try to he gets really really mad at me and mean and then he threatens to kill himself. But he says before he does that he is going to ruin my life and send everyone at my college naked pictures of me. I have to stay with him so i dont get humiliated. I don't know what to do. I can't tell my parents because they will flip out i met a guy online and then they will always be looking out for me because i got in such a mess. I just want out, i want to beable to end it myself. I should be able to since we are long distance but he <removed by Moderator> manipulates the hell out of me. Help.
    Last edited by avman; 10-25-2006 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Language

hatemyboyfriend - welcome to ENA!

I hope you find some solid, usable advice here.

I'm going to start with..... Dump him anyway. Just do it. Don't be afraid of him or his threats.

Chances are he WON'T kill himself and he WON'T humiliate you. If he actually did make some weird, lame attempt at suicide, that is not your responsibility, it's his. It'll ALL be on him.

If he actually does send out naked pictures of you around a college campus, file charges. Go talk to the police in your area and see what charges to file. At LEAST file a reoprt of harassment. From that point on, if he keeps after you, file stalking charges.

I have a feeling, he'll get over it when he meets the next object of his psychotic obsessions

I say DO IT ANYWAY!
    Last edited by AwdreeHpburn; 10-25-2006 at 05:02 PM.
    What i really meant to say, is that I'm sorry for the way I am......

Break up with him. He's not going to kill himself. He says that to control you and its working. So what if he sends pics of you out there. Are we not all made up the same way??? Get away from this creep. Your parents will be there for you no matter what mistakes you make. Thier number one job in your life is to love you no matter what. This creep is controlling and it will only get worse. Do it, leave him, what ever he does its his actions and not yours. Do whats right for you.

Platinum Member
    You have to talk to your parents. Or someone of authority. This is a dangerous situation. If he's threatening you its only a matter of time before he really hurts you-if he hasn't already. How old are you guys?

Tell him you'll file charges if he distributes the pictures and then say good bye. You can't stay with him under coercion.
    He's using a threat of suicide to control you. That's emotional blackmail, not a cry for help.
    << Vigilance.

Platinum Member
    Change your personality and become a really boring person. Take some photos of you and fix them up in photoshop (ie: add some acne and about 40 lbs). Then the loser can break up with you and you can move on with your life.

I'm 19 and he is 24. I know i should tell my parents but im just soooo embarrassed by this entire situation. I can't believe that i can't just get out of it myself, it is so unfair. If i try to cut off contact with him he sends me text messages and costs me a ton of money. He acts so obsessed with me. Like his world will end if i leave. He acts like an ******* and then when i say i want to never talk to him again he tries to suck up to me and stuff.

And i can't just not care if he sends out those pictures of me. They would humiliate me and ruin my life.

is acne that unatractive?
    lifes a garden... dig it

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpounder View Post
    is acne that unatractive?
    No, silly. I was just playing.

Dump him anyways. Mine did the same. He's still alive.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the researchers from the University of Washington's School of Social Work, the long-term consequences of childhood maltreatment, though ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to a new research by Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) scientists, childhood emotional abuse can negatively affect a person's ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Children, who are exposed to multiple instances of early-life violence and abuse, age fast on a cellular level, experiencing wear and tear to their ...