Keep Rapist baby or not?

If you were raped by someone you dont even know and you hate what they did, find it hard to sleep, to scared to leave the house, when you close your eyes all you can see is them on you, and you felt pregnet, would you keep the baby or not?

I honestly do not know what I would do. But, I have a friend that I grew up with. Her mother was raped at age 15. She was the child that resulted. Her mother kept her. her mother once said that she was the gift that came out of a horrible situation.

We never know why things happen the way they do but perhaps the child was meant to be there. Something to think about theres allways a lesson to be learned in life.

I honestly do not know what I would do. But, I have a friend that I grew up with. Her mother was raped at age 15. She was the child that resulted. Her mother kept her. her mother once said that she was the gift that came out of a horrible situation.

We never know why things happen the way they do but perhaps the child was meant to be there. Something to think about theres allways a lesson to be learned in life.

That is the spin I take on it. Thankfully I am not in this position, because I don't know how I could do it. My own personal belief system does not allow for me to abort a baby. The only way I could bear it, would be to find the beauty and the gift in the situation. Separate the act from the child.

Thing is my friend never hurt from it. In fact she feels very special that her mother allowed her to be here.

She can be proud of her mother. I guess its all how you treat the baby.. Its not teh babies fault, and really the child would probally one day thank you.

Im not going to debate the merits of abortion etc... personally im prochoice, but it should be a decision that is very thought out. Can not say oh because the child wouldnt like it, because you haVent even given the child a chance... What about adoption? Giving the child a family who chooses them, that is a gift in of itself.

No offense, but has anyone who doesn't believe in abortion ever been in the situation of this happening? I don't think that anyone can "knock it" until you yourself are in the situation. Because I can assure you, no matter how pro life you are, when it becomes reality, you may have an entirely different outlook.

I was raped when I was 12. I found out I was pregnant with my rapist's child 2 weeks before my 13th birthday.

I planned on keeping my baby because at that point, knowing I had a child growing inside of me and depending on me to live, gave me a reason to live. Had I not found out I was expecting, I'd probably have committed suicide soon after my rape.

Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks.

No offense, but has anyone who doesn't believe in abortion ever been in the situation of this happening? I don't think that anyone can "knock it" until you yourself are in the situation. Because I can assure you, no matter how pro life you are, when it becomes reality, you may have an entirely different outlook.

None taken. We all know our own character, deep down, and I can assure you that with every fiber of my being, I would never abort a child that resulted from rape. The child didn't deserve to be conceived in that way, and just as much, does not deserve to die. I see no reason not to keep it. Besides, I've met several women who have aborted a baby conceived of rape, and they say it was like salt on a wound. I'm sure there are just as many who would not regret doing such a thing, and don't, but I know on which side of this spectrum I lie.

I agree with what your saying.

I don't know what you would consider me, prochoice or prolife? Abortion should not be used as a form of birth control. There are only 4 situations I believe abortion is justified.

• If a person is raped.
  • Incest
  • The mother is in danger
  • You know early on that there is something critically wrong with the child.

Though I do see how it's justified to have an abortion if you were raped, it just wasn't the right thing for me. Everybody makes their own choices and we have to respect that.

Also... why does this only apply to those of us against aborting the baby? Why would you not pose this question of those who say they would abort? No matter how pro-choice they are, when it becomes reality, they may have an entirely different outlook...

I hate to say that I'd have an abortion, but I believe I would.

I think I would go insane if I was carrying the child of the rapist, I'd probably feel like I was carrying the omen.

I'd probably have more nightmares.

I'd be terrified (spelling?) of having a boy that would grow up to rape people, and that everyone would say my son raped people.

I really think I would lose my mind if for some reason I had to keep his baby.

I probably wouldn't eat anything, hoping that I'd lose the baby by starving myself.

I'd feel cursed and diseased, like a monster was growing in my belly, and it would only be a matter of time before it got out.

I couldn't even imagine breast feeding that baby! I would feel like I was being violated again.

His child sucking on my breasts, ahhhhhh!!!

Needless to say I simply couldn't handle it.

true - I mean.... who knows what would happen?

I say now that if I got raped, i would abort. As of now, I am not even sure if I want any children! And I don't want to get raped and have some criminal make that huge decision for me!

but maybe later on in life my view will change. Maybe I will want children later and will see the baby as a blessing, not as a curse. but, who knows?

Actually, if I got raped (and hopefully I never do!!!), I would go first thing to the pharmacy and get the morning after pill. It's not technically an abortion pill, it will just prevent a pregnancy that hasn't happened yet. I would do that first thing. And if I still got pregnant, I would get an abortion.

another thing.... i am honest... sometimes to a fault.

I bet if I kept the baby to full term, and people at the grocery store would ask me about the father, i would probably just tell them the truth, that I was raped. and that would probably freak them out.