Breaking Up for Weight Loss

I think I have discovered a breakthrough new program for weight loss. Aside from the 180lbs. I lost on Saturday night (him) I have lost an additional 10lbs. due to anxiety, not eating, and staying up late thinking about how I may as well just become a crazy cat lady half the time, and feeling excitement about my new free life the other half of the time.

So for those of you looking to drop a few pounds, don't eat, don't sleep, run around trying to find stuff to do other than think about your ex, and pace the room when you're home.

Yeah, breaking up can cause both weight gain and weight loss... it's not the best thing, because when your body is weaker, it's even harder to cope with the pain of the heart. However, I am just the same. I think I lost 10 kilos the last time I went through a severe break up. Sorry, don't know how that translates into lbs.

I hope you are at least drinking (water, tea, juice) enough? Take good care of yourself. If you can't swallow because the pain and anxiety put a knot in your stomach, try to eat some smoothies and yoghurt or fruit. All can be put in a blender to make it easier. You need your nutrition!

Ilse

I think I have discovered a breakthrough new program for weight loss. Aside from the 180lbs. I lost on Saturday night (him) I have lost an additional 10lbs. due to anxiety, not eating, and staying up late thinking about how I may as well just become a crazy cat lady half the time, and feeling excitement about my new free life the other half of the time.

So for those of you looking to drop a few pounds, don't eat, don't sleep, run around trying to find stuff to do other than think about your ex, and pace the room when you're home.

Yeah, I came up with the "mariatal stress diet."

5 days with little sleep and only 2 meals.

hahah.. crazy cat lady... i think i'm going to adopt a cat today. not eating is not in me..i wish it was but its not! i've worked too hard for 6 weeks at the gym to give up now and hurt my body. he is not worth it! and my new wonderful boyfriend (who is out there somewhere) will appreciate me staying healthy!

hang in there...one crzy cat lady to another

the only bright side from my breakup was my weight loss and probably my career going in the better direction.

i tried for 17 years to shed the extra kilos but couldn't manage to do it, not cause of me eating too much, cause my body wouldn't react to exercise or even controlled diet.

Although i tried all kinda healthy ways of loosin weight finally thou all the stress and the darn unhealthy relationship i found myself in , took care of it.

so nice of my ex, her ex and her family.....

I am now maintainin it....although i have started gainin a little bit, have to start walkin/running once the rain goes away. I miss summer.

oh yea....i used to drink loads of water when i never ate much, probably 8 to 10 ltrs of it everyday.

did i mention today seems really hard to get to the gym? luckily its only 11am here and i have time to get over that. reading these posts helps a little bit...i guess i could start with my usual routine of oatmeal since i usually have to hit the gym bout 30 minutes later to get the effect of the oatmeal...

:sigh:

sometimes it seems like i'm walking in oatmeal!

i guess i could start with my usual routine of oatmeal since i usually have to hit the gym bout 30 minutes later to get the effect of the oatmeal...

Um... what is an oatmeal routine? Sounds messy

Difficult to get to the gym here in London today as well, it's baking hot and as we're not really used to high temperatures nowhere's air conditioned. Apparently it was 48 deg C (118 F) on the Tube yesterday, which was pretty unpleasant!

i lost a lot of weight during my break up as well to the point where i was almost dangerously underweight but thankfully i have gained some back and just trying to get on with my life the now.

Ah yes, good point I can see how easily that happens. Keep taking it one day at a time!

Hope you're OK.

I lost 10lbs after my breakup. I saw his parents (what a weird story) about a month and a half afterwards and all they could say was "We never realized you were so thin".

For some people the weight loss is not a good thing.

However, it does wonders for A LOT of people.

CONGRATS!!

I lost 10lbs after my breakup. I saw his parents (what a weird story) about a month and a half afterwards and all they could say was "We never realized you were so thin".

I suspect looking fabulous is the single most effective way to either a) show your ex just how well you're getting on without them; or b) make them want you back.

Or c) meet somebody else I guess, haha