Why do guys have to pee after sex?

Ok I know this is kinda gross....but every time after we have sex my BF gets up right away and head to the bathroom - and he stays in there reading his magazines for more than 10 minutes....I've asked him why he has to do this and he says guys have to pee after sex. OK that's fine but it bugs me how he takes so long. After sex I am wiped out and have to fall asleep right away...and most of the time I end up doing it by myself cause he's not there to hold me. I need to talk to him about how it bugs me that he just gets up and leaves right after - EVERY time. We do live together so it's not like he's leaving the house...but just the fact that he gets up to be alone bugs me.

Also - he says sex always revs him up...like from all the thrusting and motion I guess he gets a sort of adrenaline rush and so its hard for him to get to sleep after sex...so after the bathroom thing he usually goes into the computer room cause he can't sleep - and then he comes to bed around 3-4 in the morning! It's hard for me to understand this because sex wipes me out and I can easily fall asleep right after - I guess we're just different. It's kind of disheartening though to me.

Any thoughts?

A lot of women feel the need to pee during or right after sex. It is not just a guy thing. My habit is to be sure to go right before sex (which can probably get annoying), so that I won't need to take a break.

I am also like your boyfriend. I don't go to sleep right after sex. I'd rather talk to her and maybe get some food or mess around on the computer. She is out like a light though. Chalk it up to individual differences.

Yeah....it does make sense in my head. I realize everyone is different. There are some nights I've gotta go right after...if I don't and I fall asleep right away I end up waking in the middle of the night having to go really badly - which I don't do on nights there is no sex. So I do understand.

I take things personally and that's something I've been working on...I know he doesn't do it to avoid me...I just wondered how many other guys out there do this too. Thanks for assuring me

Its pretty normal, and keeps you healthy. Well, I know for females that we are supposed to pee immediately before or immediately after sexual intercourse. Something to help prevent unrine infections and systitis and other horrible crappy girly things we have to deal with as the "other side" of sex!

Its pretty normal, and keeps you healthy. Well, I know for females that we are supposed to pee immediately before or immediately after sexual intercourse. Something to help prevent unrine infections and systitis and other horrible crappy girly things we have to deal with as the "other side" of sex!

I was thinking the same thing. It's not exactly the advice you were looking for, but it's healthier to pee after sex just to make sure you flush out any bacteria that could cause a UTI and whatnot. I'm not sure if it's the same for guys, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

As for the staying up til the wee hours in the computer room - talk to him about it, tell him it hurts your feelings, and tell him that the best gift he could give you is to be with you after sex - to make you feel important and loved and cherished.

I had it explained to me once by my ex husband...

He said " You know that tingly feeling that you have after you have after an orgasm? If you think about it, it is almost the same feeling that you have when you need to pee. Well, I go to the bathroom straight away and try, but until all the blood leaves the area, I can't relax enough to do it."

So he reads magazines to calm down or whatever so that he can ....

Dosen't make you feel any better, but there it is straight from the horses (a**)oops, I meant horses mouth, yeah, right, mouth.....

Depends on the person I guess, usaully I cannot go to sleep after sex, I feel completely awake.My ex gf always was out of it after and fell asleep. Only sometimes I have been able to fall asleep right away.

Guys can get UTI's as well, it's just much harder and less likely..

I always go to the bathroom afterwards. My girlfriend and I don't use condoms, and there's usually a good mess inside/on her, or on the bed sometimes. She wants to lay there with me still in her, and I just can't do it. I'm uncomfortable. I usually pee before, but ALL the time afterwards, and I usually clean myself up..

Only.. she still wants to cuddle and I just want to cool off and pass out.. I need to find a girl who passes out after sex, although I've had wayyy to many in my first years of college pass out BEFORE sex, so maybe I should count my blessings!