HORRIBLE time management skills...

I'm very scared about college, because I know it'll eat me alive if I don't do something about this soon... I want to start a band really bad to boot. Also, I wanted to start just getting new hobbies and doing more things (I want to take acting/drama classes, music classes, I want to skateboard). But I'm afraid that if I continue my horrible habits, there's no way any of that will be possible... I don't know what's happening to me. It's like I sleep all day, and I'm taking a computer programming class that I never study for, because I'm too lazy (it's one of the only responsibilities I have, and I can't even do that!). It's just that, I dunno what's happening. I do want to learn! But I can't get to work... I mean, at least today I started contacting people to see if I can keep socializing and meeting people, hopefully. I finally went back to my workout routine (which I had stopped following regularly since school's over). And even during those last couple of weeks of school, I just tried my best to half-*beep* all my assignments and stuff. I can no longer focust on things anymore, and this is making me feel desperate and scared that I will fail in college... either that, or I will have a very hard time and I won't even have time for my hobbies/plans. Any ideas? I figure I probably still have some time to be a "kid", and I should make the most out of it. I've posted a bunch of times about this, but I just, for some reason, fail to follow the advice. It's like I forget too, cause the distraction is too strong. What can I do? It's definitively a strict/tough college and if I can't manage my time, I will get crappy grades AND I will not have time for my hobbies to boot. Please help me...

I just wanna have the time (well, as of now, I have the time, but not the focus) to do/try many varied things. I don't just wanna focus on one thing, I want to be able to do anything from stand up comedy to computer software engineering. I don't want to have to decide a path yet (Who knows? I like lots of stuff and if I have some knowledge about them all, the choice will be easier and I'll be able to try them all whenever opportunity knocks on the door), which is why I want to be able to manage my time in order to be able to do this. It's just that the thought of having a path set already is kinda depressing to me... i need the freedom, but if I can't manage my time, I think it's even less possible.

Based on your first post, I am assuming you did get accepted into college? If your grades and/or academics were that bad a strict college that you are suggesting it is wouldn't have accepted you

As for not knowing what path to take, many times your first year or two in college is to take elective courses, and only in the 3rd and 4th year do most students focus on the actual career choice classes. Think of how many people go to college with one intention, and end up graduating with a whole different degree. Don't panic yourself too much about making the decision right away. Focus on taking the elective courses, or the "must haves" and decide as you're going. You sound like you are more of a creative soul, so maybe you could find something in college that allows you to spread your wings in that direction. Have you spoke to a college counselor yet?

Well, I started high school as a very responsible kid. Freshman year I was the most dedicated kid ever to my academics. Then sophomore year I started to feel very depressed and this affected my academics albeit in a very minor way. Then Junior year my grades went up again, but I started making friends and stuff. So, right when it was about over I started having trouble concentrating. Then my whole senior year I had trouble focusing. I kept my grades up at the expense of my hobbies and many hours of sleep. Ever since I haven't been able to "snap out of it". But yeah overall I guess I've always had good grades, I just don't want what happened during my senior year to repeat itself ever (my friends have said it was senioritis, but if it were, it should be gone now that the year is over, but it isn't...). What I was saying is that I wanted to have time to learn as much about everything as I could so then I could decide which path I could take. But if I continue with the procrastination and lack of focus, I'll never have time for everything. It's just what I think...

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. I don't want it to be all math and chemistry and english and physics. I want to have time to play in a band, to learn how to act in a play, to skateboard, to meet people... You name it. But if i don't focus and manage my time wisely (which I've been trying to do ever since I noticed I had a problem with this...), I know I'll barely have time for the math and chemistry and english and only that stuff, just like it happened this year... I developed horrible sleeping habits in order to be able to do all of my homework for said academics, and I had no time for a band or to even practice with my guitar or anything else for that matter... It sucked and it didn't feel very rewarding. I don't want it to happen again. Any tips on how I can focus more? I've doing something fun first and then doing what I'm supposed to do, but it didn't work. I tried the other way around, and it didn't work. I tried "rewarding" myself after specific amounts of time doing what I was supposed to do, but it didn't work either. I know that if I can't keep my academics up, all the other stuff will be out of the question. It seriously feels like I've got ADD now...