Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else feel like this during their period?

I am feeling bloated. grumpy. cranky. want to yell at people. (though i won't). unhappy. don't want to smile. can't sleep. eating chocolates. miserable. obsessive thinking, worse than ever.......can't really rest, moody. agitated. jittery. anxiety. depressed. pissed off for no reason. worried. want to throw a tantrum or roll on the floor. want to get out of work. feel ugly.

i always feel like i want to cry. i mean really just sit up a corner and weep. i normally just sit and work through it, or keep busy.
    i can cope with the urge to cry though, but what you're decribin sounds horrible.
    there are some methods that can control really severe PMT, like some varieties of the pill, because they control your hormones a bit better.
    hope you manage to get everythin under control!
    do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Don't you love it when your hormones are cracked out? Happy one minute, pissed as hell the second ...

Teacup holy moly. I feel exactly like that around that time! suckssss, soooo bad. Im naturally sucha happy, go lucky person and around that time its sooo frusterating to be pissed off for no reason. Life is unfair sometimes :P
    "Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, Dance like no one is watching"

My answer is YES to all you said . I am at the stage of life though going through perimenopausal symptoms , and the hormones are in such a mess that I feel that way alot of the time. Hopefully soon I will be past this stage and all the crappy feelings will subside. Since I live alone, rarely is there anyone that has to deal with my tensions but myself.

And then, there was always this catch-22...

When I'm having my period, I get very tired. However, the cramping prevents me from sleeping very well...sometimes the cramps prevent me from sleeping at all.

Twisted, eh?
    "And all I can think is that it must be a kind of rebellion
    to arm your fears like soldiers and to slay them...." -The Airborne Toxic Event

"All you need to understand is everything you know is wrong." - Weird Al Yankovic

Yes, yes, yes, and yes, and yes. I always feel like yelling at people when I'm on my period. I don't want anyone near me or touching me. And I swear, I cry at every commercial with any sentimentality whatsoever. If someone cuts me off in traffic, I want to follow them home and yell at them. When I was on the pill, I told my husband that if I was in a particularly bad mood, to look at my pill pack. If I was taking the orange pills, he was to consider that the "danger zone."

Thankfully, it's only a few days a month. Or, if you have PCOS like me, only a few days a year, if you're lucky. And I'm pregnant now, so I feel like that pretty frequently.

And the stronger sex is supposed to be the male sex? Can you imagine them going through this every single month? HA!

YES!!! To basically all of those. I get really really insecure, decide that I have no friends and that no one cares about me, cry at everything, hate my life, etc. Then when the PMS is gone, I remember that I have friends and a great family, feel upbeat and happy (generally speaking) again and love my life. I really really could do without those 2-3 days a month of feeling like absolute crap, but at the very least I've learned to recognize that it's the hormones talking....for what that's worth. :P
    You can't cast aspersions on someone just because they wear a cape. Superman wore a cape.
    --Seinfeld

Does anyone else feel like this during their period?
    Only every single girl I know (including me)

Always. I find that eating properly and cutting down on caffeine, as well as exercising helps my mood swings. But when I'm near my period I'm so cranky I'm not in the mood to exercise and certainly don't stay away from chocolate or caffeine!

It's never too late,
    in fiction or in life, to revise.
    ~Nancy Thayer

Every day you sit back and wait for something to happen
    is another day lost.
    ~Jennifer Flavin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...