I'm not sure he likes me

Hi All!

He and i went on our first "date". I am not sure he thought of it as a date.

He was really excited, and not a bit nervous!!! Me i was soo nervous i couldn't stop shaking, i couldn't eat and i was throwing up. But it was worth it....we had a great time.

Lots of fun....and lots of laugh and we talked for hours. I really like him. I know i do want to date him, but not at this point, i want to be friends first. (i wasn't friends first with my exs and so we don't talk anymore.)

The thing is i don't know if he likes me. I am like seriously stressing about that. (Still shaking, still throwing up).

But see the fact that i am soo sick is a good thing. I have never been this nervous about any guy in my entire life (i was very calm and collected). And as you can see i am single now. So my thought is that b/c i am nervous...it means something.

He was really respectful of me and was really sweet. I like to pay my own way...it did irritate him, but he was respectful and let me pay my own way.

I have discovered he really is into fitness....and i'm not quite into it (not to the magnitude that he is), but i do want to get into better shape....and my friends say that when i meet a guy...that if me and said guy ever date...we could go to the gym together...so i am thinking if this guy and i ever did date, we could go to the gym together. (but i don't know, as i am unsure of whether he likes me or not...)

We ended up going to dinner, walking around for about an hour or so, then walked to a movie theatre, and caught a late night flick (Poseidon).

And let me tell you, his hugs are to die for!!!!! He holds me really really tight and i'm fairly short and he's really tall, my head fits just under his chin. And when he hugs me, he rubs my back (maybe b/c i was shaking....), But i felt pretty darn safe!!!

I was shaking pretty much the entire time we hung out...and i think that may have bothered him, but i am unsure as he didn't say anything and would hold me and hug me at the same time when he noticed my shaking got really bad. He would look at me, notice i'm shaking and say "come here," and wrap his arms around me. When he would hold me, i would stop shaking, and the minute he let go i continued shaking). (I was shivering, partly because it was cold and i nerves...when i'm sick and my nerves are shot, i shiver uncontrollably.) One of the many things i like about him, is he is a very affectionate person. It's not often you find guys that are super affectionate.

He makes me laugh, which is awesome as my friends say that i don't laugh enough, that i am too serious. And we were waiting for our respective rides to get us home (his a taxi, me a friend of mine). And we were like hugging (i was shaking again).

And then his taxi came and he hugged (real hug) me. And then framed his hands around my face and kissed me on the forehead (hee hee!!!). I literally melted.

He was soo nice. But see i don't know if he likes me or not, b/c he wasn't nervous on our outing....i was pretty darn nervous. He was totally excited about it (he kept telling me how excited he was to go to dinner with me).

So yeah....maybe he is not sure if he likes me b/c i haven't really told him up front??? I am trying to play it cool...i really want to be his friend first before we date, because i want a foundation to build upon. But that's not really in my nature. (as you can see i am trying to work against it...to be his friend first...i don't want to blow this or screw it up.)

The good news is i didn't freak him out!!! I asked him that point blank. (i know i'm an acquired taste.) He said that he was so happy that he met me and i asked him why and he said, "Because you are so friendly, fun and non judgmental."

We may be going out today...another movie...but a cheap one with some friends...but he depends on whether or not he is leaving today to go back home to visit his mom for mother's day. (it's not a long ride...it's fairly close.)

And monday i am going to his baseball game...get to be a groupie!!! (hee hee).

Okay so i think that is the gist of it. Any of you males or females out there can read between his lines??? Does he like me or doesn't he?

Thank you all for the taking the time to read this really really long post....it is more me getting everything out and telling it to somebody and to get advice.

Thank you for your replies!!!! ANd thank you for reading this...i know it was super long!!!

He likes you!

He sounds very nice to me. Keeping you warm and safe when he sees you shaking. He's a gentleman. Being respectful and kissing you on the forehead instead of being presumptuous by kissing you on the lips. He cares a lot about how you feel and wants you to feel relaxed around him.

He's invited you out to a baseball game and you might be going out to the movies with him again. These are all definite pluses.

Have a great time

Out of curiosity, how old are you??

Just try not to put him on such a high pedestal. You might get disappointed if you think so highly of him even though you don't know him very well..... Based on what you postd though, he does sound interested in you...