Guys, how do you "last longer" during sex?

xmrth

I've done a bit of research, but really have no idea how to fix this issue.

My boyfriend certainly doesn't last a while during sex, and though it's not the biggest deal in the world, it would be nice. So then in that case it IS a deal to me. He comes too early. And it's always always been this way. Now that I'm on the pill, we go without condoms and it's TOO early.

We've talked about it, and though he's not thought of ways (to my knowledge) of how to prolong intercourse, I'd like to already have gathered several options so we can talk about it more than just that we both know he doesn't last long.

What I have read up on this are all things he does naturally. Eats well, exercise, not on medication, is calm... I've tried changing positions in the middle of it, and he was confused. I was like "I was trying to make you last longer!" and he just said "it doesn't help!" and it's funny and I've not been harsh to him about it, but I'd like it to last longer.

Has anyone tried medications? I'm not seeing harmful side effects for the first product that comes up in a link removed search for stamina. I believe it's Stamtrex, or something like that.

I don't want him to have any weird side effects or life threatening consequences... in which case, nevermind it, it's not worth it to me for him to suffer any of that. But I would like to know.

What are some solutions? Medications? More than what I've read which he's doing already?

Thanks so much,

Martha

Its different for every guy but with my experience I find that I HAVE to make a girl cum at least twice before i go. Its a rule that I live by

Some helpful suggestions:

1. Try the "long lasting" condoms. There are condoms out there (forgot exact name/term) that have this special "lubricant" on the inside that kind of numbs the tip of the guys penis and hence makes him last a LONG time.

2. Based on my "rule," If im about to cum i switch positions and during the "switch" my penis gets a "break" and I'm ready to go at it a bit longer.

3. If step 2 doesnt work, I just do the oral thing while I calm down. Sex it up, oral it up, sex it up with a finish.

Hope this helps

Well, my boyfriend has the same "problem". What he usually does is this:

He just stops for a few moments when he knows he's getting close until the feeling goes away and then we carry on.

It doesn't really bother me. In fact, it doesn't in the least, I take it as a compliment. Most of the time I try to see if I can get him to go even when he's trying so hard not to.

You could also try extended foreplay. Pleasure him less before hand and have him pleasure you more... That way when you start having sex your level of arousal is more closely matched to his.

And if all else "fails".. Does he at least return the favor?

Also.. In my experience I've found that changing positions makes *me* last longer so that could possibly be counter productive.

I certainly wouldn't want him to take forever, and in that way I have tried to think of it as at least he is aroused so much to, but I am more interested in him lasting longer in the penetration in general.

I think all positions are the same for him. But there are 1-2 that are even faster, but kind of all seeming the same.

I don't know about the ring as I thought that was just for more blood flow to make it more stiff which isn't a problem. Unless it stops early ejaculation I'll still check into what it is.

The quickest way to stop a man from arriving too early is to give him a nice love bite while you are going down on him. That should slow him down for sex.

Just kidding. Sort of.

The real solution: Keep using condoms. Also there are 'numbing' creams you can use that will make him calm down a bit. Good luck!

my bf usually can control the timing of his orgasm..he says he just takes his mind off the sex while he wants to last and thinks of some other thing( what he's doin the next day, homework..) until i want him to finish it..when he wants to come he just focuses back on it and he comes..try it

Start slowly and work things up slowly as well. And then when it gets close to the point of orgasm, slow down or stop for a minute or two, and then resume, slowly again, and gradually working up again. With some discipline and experience, you can learn to "manage" yourself this way pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the surest bet is to make sure he is diligent and masturbates beforehand. Not only that. I suggest he increase the frequency of his masturbation. If he normally does this somewhat infrequently (like only once a day), have him try doing it twice a day, morning and night anytime you don't have sex with him.

Also, if you give him a few more blowjobs throughout the week that is a good way to make sure he is coming more frequently!

I haven't met a man yet that didn't say he lasts a good while the third time around.

Holding back is just very frustrating for me. I like it a lot more when I have plenty of control and I can enjoy the sexual experience more that way

• 1 year later...

Archived