won't tell me his last name!

Ok, so I met this guy on the net like 2 weeks ago, and we have talked for hours and hours each day, we tell each other alot and we really like each other yet...I asked him his last name today and he said "I'll tell you eventually" I mean ??? he knows mine and so what's the big deal???? it's just a dumb name! anyways, what do you guys think??

I think he is being as careful as you should have been.

I definetly agree with DN! The internet isn't a safe thing, you shouldn't be giving out your name like that. It's really not safe. You may have been talking to him a lot each day, but 2 weeks is nothing. Even if you've been talking to this guy for 2 yrs there is no absolute certainty that he is a safe guy. What I'm getting at is you just need to be careful about these things and to respect his wishes not to tell you.

Ok, now I'm going to take an opposite view. If she is going to meet him in person, wouldn't it be good if she knew his last name? True, he could be a good guy who is just careful about giving out person info over the net.... or..... he could be a psycho who doesn't want his personal info given out so stuff can't be traced back to him

Do you think that he's being sketchy or cute when he told you he wouldn't tell you his name?

You should meet in person soon, but meet at a public place, preferably Starbucks during the day. And not around the corner from your house!!!

Ok, now I'm going to take an opposite view. If she is going to meet him in person, wouldn't it be good if she knew his last name? True, he could be a good guy who is just careful about giving out person info over the net.... or..... he could be a psycho who doesn't want his personal info given out so stuff can't be traced back to him

Wouldn't he just use a fake name then? If he wanted to build confidence because he's a creep, couldn't he just pull a name out of his butt to satisfy the OP?

She didn't say anything in her post about meeting him. And I am still not convinced it is a good idea to give out information that can too readily identify you even when you meet - which is why you should only meet in a public place and take necessary precautions.

Suppose you went to meet someone and it turns out they were some sort of stalker - the last thing you would want is for them to be able to find you.

I think until you've met in the real world(in a public place), names and specifics should not be exchanged. Too many weirdos out there to take a chance like that. Now it could also be that he is afraid of something, perhaps that you will track him down only to find out he is married or 14! Keep your eyes open and use common sense, it sounds like he is.

RC