Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: won't tell me his last name!

won't tell me his last name!

Ok, so I met this guy on the net like 2 weeks ago, and we have talked for hours and hours each day, we tell each other alot and we really like each other yet...I asked him his last name today and he said "I'll tell you eventually" I mean ??? he knows mine and so what's the big deal???? it's just a dumb name! anyways, what do you guys think??

Platinum Member
    I think he is being as careful as you should have been.

hmmm.... sounds a bit sketchy. don't like him until you meet him!!!
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by DN
    I think he is being as careful as you should have been.
    I definetly agree with DN! The internet isn't a safe thing, you shouldn't be giving out your name like that. It's really not safe. You may have been talking to him a lot each day, but 2 weeks is nothing. Even if you've been talking to this guy for 2 yrs there is no absolute certainty that he is a safe guy. What I'm getting at is you just need to be careful about these things and to respect his wishes not to tell you.

Yeah. I actually don't give my last name until *after* meeting someone.
    I just don't get it! She seems totally uninterested in me, despite my smothering obsessiveness! - Nathanial Mayweather

I'm *not* the moose! Nor am I a certified advice giver of any kind... so take everything I say as my opinion... throw away what doesn't work and keep what does. - Me

Nothing's wrong with him at all. He's smart. It's probably best to either meet him soon or find someone in real life.

His last name is Manson?
    << Vigilance.

Ok, now I'm going to take an opposite view. If she is going to meet him in person, wouldn't it be good if she knew his last name? True, he could be a good guy who is just careful about giving out person info over the net.... or..... he could be a psycho who doesn't want his personal info given out so stuff can't be traced back to him

Do you think that he's being sketchy or cute when he told you he wouldn't tell you his name?

You should meet in person soon, but meet at a public place, preferably Starbucks during the day. And not around the corner from your house!!!

Quote Originally Posted by annie24
    Ok, now I'm going to take an opposite view. If she is going to meet him in person, wouldn't it be good if she knew his last name? True, he could be a good guy who is just careful about giving out person info over the net.... or..... he could be a psycho who doesn't want his personal info given out so stuff can't be traced back to him
    Wouldn't he just use a fake name then? If he wanted to build confidence because he's a creep, couldn't he just pull a name out of his butt to satisfy the OP?

hmmm.... true......

ok, I am just paranoid

But, you should get some identifying information about him before you meet him in person!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has not been a secret that some men at times get confused in the presence of women and hardly can find any words to say, but now Dutch researchers ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Women like it when their husbands or partners show emotions and talk about their troubles, suggests a new research by Harvard Medical School. In ...
That's Not What I Meant! How Conversational Style Makes or Breaks Relationships
by Deborah Tannen
You know the feeling: You meet someone for the first time, and it's as if you've known each other all your lives. Everything goes smoothly. You know ...