Why the Bible does NOT condemn homosexuality.

I am sad to see that many homosexuals believe that the Bible is against homoesexuality, and that most Christian, believe homosexuality is a sin. I saw a thread where someone was saying that they were falling away from Christianity, partly because of their orientation. I actually see a lot of that in this forum, which is why I am posting this. I began to doubt my faith when I realized I was gay, but I did my research, and discovered that being gay is not a sin. Firstly, everyone is a sinner, those who trust in Christ are saved by grace. The question is that if homosexuality is wrong, and one does not strive to change his lifestyle, does he truly love Christ, and is he truly saved. I was discouraged because I new that it was IMPOSSIBLE to change the way I am. That led me to an epiphany.

Sin is a choice.
    Homosexuality is not.

God doesn't allow anyone to be forced into sinning. We see this in the book of Job, where God forbids Satan to tempt Job beyond Job's control. Since being gay is not a choice, it can't be a sin. My theory would be quickly disproved if there was any verse in the Bible that clearly condemned homosexuality, so I will now explain why verses that some have interpreted to be agains gays are really not.

1.)
    Genesis 19: Sodom and Gamorrah
    The men of the city ask for the male angels to be handed over to them so that they can rape them. God destroys the city because of their sin.
    First of all, this was not the only sin the people of these cities were comitting. They were committing so many sins, that the cities needed to be destroyed.
    Secondly, nowhere does it say that the homosexuality of these men is the problem. They wanted to rape the angels. That is a terrible sin whether the are male or female.
    This passage is obviosly NOT clearly anti - homosexual.

2.)
    Leviticus 18:22
    "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is an abomination."
    The Levitical laws were restrictions on the lives of ancient Jews. Jesus throws out these laws in the New Testament. Leviticus is the same book that forbids the eating of ham or pork. These rules don't apply anymore.
    Also, the verse is not very clear. It obviously cannot prove that homosexuality is a sin.

3.)
    Romans 1:26-27
    "For this cause, God did give them up to vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise even the men, leaving the natural use of the woman burned in their lust towards one another"
    Lust is a sin. Homosexuals don't have to lust. Also, this is God's punishment on them for sin they had committed, that is clearly stated. They were heterosexuals, who suddenly lusted after their own sex, possible losing attraction for those they loved. Nowhere does it say "Homosexuality is wrong."

4.)
    I Corinthians 6: 9 - 10
    This verse lists unrighteous acts, and in some translations, homosexuality is mentioned. In the KJV, it says "fornicators". Some translators wrote "homosexuals". The literal translation from greek is "permiscuous men". Putting in the word "homosexual" is a real stretch there.

Aside from these verses, the Bible doesn't really have a whole lot to say about homosexuality. Sex is clearly defined as sacred, and something that joins two individuals together. Having sex with more than one person is wrong. Marriage is not restricted to heterosexuals. It doesn't matter what the government says, God does need government permission to recognize marriage, the permanent union of two people.

I have thrown out any arguments against homosexuality, so my theory stands. Sin is a choice, homosexuality is not. God loves everone, and he will save anyone who loves him in return, accepting the Salvation that His Son has offered through the cross.

God doesn't hate sinners, just sin. He Loves You!
    Last edited by Diggitydave; 03-11-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Platinum Member
    This is the sort of debate that can easily turn into a flame war.

Deep inside myself searching for motivation and inspiration
    I believe (now this is only MY belief) that people are born gay. I also believe that God is kind and loving. Finally, I also believe that God loves ALL of us--as we were all created by God.

hosswhispra

This posted locked as it is created solely to cause controversy.

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...