Whats the point of being in love? Whats the point of having a relationship? Its very very rare to be in love forever. Relationships are a pain in the * * *, they just get you depressed and make you feel like * * * *. Why did I fall in love? How could this guy make me feel this way? Everything sounded so perfect, so true, he did everything for me. YET he has another * * * * * on the side...thats sad. Why does he hide things from me? Why cant he just be honest and tell me how he truly feels. Now my heart is broken, and I wish I would never in love. Love is * * * *. There is no such thing as true love. Its all temporary, its all gonna end sooner or later. No matter how good things seem, eventually there will be an end to it.

I put my heart out there...it gets broken, now im sitting here in the midle of the night and I cant sleep, cuz of a guy..

What the hell should i do? Hes not that good looking, he dont have money, doesnt have a job, why the hell am I in love with this * * * * * * *???? Somebody help me out here.......Im just venting on and on...help me get over this stupid boy

Quit going after players.. go after a guy with a job and everything you want.. and you shouldn't be after someone for money.. thats just wrong.. everyone in my family is still married been married for decades or until death.. find the right person and everything will be golden!

So true.

Love can be the greatest thing to give, and sometimes great to receive.

It can cause pain when it ends that blinds you to the good times.

Maybe after some time, you'll meet a guy without a ***** on the side who can make you forget the pain.

So true.

Love can be the greatest thing to give, and sometimes great to receive.

It can cause pain when it ends that blinds you to the good times.

Maybe after some time, you'll meet a guy without a ***** on the side who can make you forget the pain.

how come i know a ton of people that have been married for 30-50+ years? there must be love!

Love does exist and is magical when you can find it. The problem is that on our journey to that everlasting love, there are many detours. There are lots of false alarms that feel like the real thing, but turn out not to be.

Cutie2005, a few months ago I was saying everything you are saying. I felt hurt due to a girl and wanted to die because the pain was so unbearable. I said I would give up on love and that there was no point in it because all it brings is pain. I cried every day and felt like I was just walking through the day, alone and miserable.

All of these feelings are perfectly fine and naturally. It takes time to get over someone. When you love someone, the heart doesn't let go so easily. You try to cling to every little bit of hope you can, real or imagined. You focus on the good in a person, not the bad or why you are not together. It's rough. But in time you get over the person. Things start to turn around. The days seem a little brighter.

Don't lose hope. Things get better. And a better love is out there waiting for you.

Cutie- Love is part of life, part of our souls as human beings, part of the thread of existence. Missing out on experiencing love with someone else, even if with the "wrong" person for you, is a true gift in this life...

Going through what you're going through right now, the pain, the confusion, the frustration, we've all been there. Going through that will help you gain insight and wisdom so when you meet the "right" guy, you will recognize and appreciate him and the love you have for him on a deeper level had you not gone through that suffering...and you'll end up being one of those couples married for 30-50+ years...

So I say make yourself open and ready to give and receive love, do your best to nourish it when you have the opportunity to do so with the right person, and let destiny do the rest...

I think its all just a bunch of fairytale crap.If you take the time to read up on the pshycology behind love you will see there is nothing magical about it.

When someone falls in love they eventualy fall out of love.That is a fact.It happens every single time.When that eventualy does happen thats when you then make a conscious decision to stay with that person or leave.You choose to love them.

That is the facts.There is nothing magical about love.

I know what its like to be in love and I know what its like to be heartbroken.The fact of the matter is sooner or later I will fall in love again.When the time is right.When will the time be right?When my subconsious tells me so.Then that special someone will coincedentaly appear.

How magical.

I hate to sound cynical but that is the reality of it.On the plus side anyone out there who is actively seeking a mate is guaranteed to fall in love.To bad there is no guarantee it will last.

I think Andy is right, basically, and it isn't partcularly cynical I think.

Love is a choice, more than it is anything else. The initial euphoric stage of falling in love is more really infatuation than love. When it wears off, and we still feel affection for the person, its the choice to love that makes love real ... the choice to do things that are consistent with loving someone and avoid things that are not. And of course mistakes are made in those choices at times. Whether love survives is really determined, to a large degree, thereforeeee, on the choices we make, and the impact of them.

"Meeting you was chance, becoming your friend was choice, falling in love with you I had no control over."

I have been in love with two people in my life. Neither one of them I choose to love. It wasn't just an initial feeling caused my chemicals or something like that, it was deeper. I didn't one day decide to love them. It just happened, grew from the friendship and what we had shared. And though I may not end up with them forever, I will always them. In my heart, there is a special place for them and no matter how many years that pass by they will stay in that place.

As for love doesn't last, tell that to the couples who do marry and spend their life with each other. The love doesn't change or fade, it is an all encompassing love that takes on many different forms. But what it has in common is a deep rooted affection for the other person, a bond that time nor anything else can severe.

What one man calls naive, another calls hopeful. I believe that things don't have to be as bad as it seems. I believe in a better future and in people's hearts. If thats wrong, I don't want to be right. Nothing can ever improve or change as long as we believe it can't judge. But if we hold to what we believe and know in our hearts is true and right, then things can be what we dream of.

For a naive person I have endured much pain and heartache. I have watched loved ones struggle with alcoholism, drug addiction, abuse. I have witnessed disturbing relationships that never should have taken place. I have seen relationships crumble due to cheating and selfishness. I have walked most of my life with a constant sense of lonliness and pain. Just recently my heart was ripped from me by someone I loved. But through it all I don't lose sight of my ideals. Because I can see the good in the world, I can see the magic of true love does exist. As long as I don't give in the darkness, it can never win. There will always be good, and we have to shine that light into the darkness, striving to build something better.

"Live as though the world was as it should be, to show it what it can be."

Well I wish you well with that, but in my own experiience falling in love is not a matter of choice, but remaining in a loving relationship (after the infatuation stage fades) is very much a matter of choice. I don't at all see that as negative. It's empowering and sobering. Love, as practiced in a long term relationship, is a series of choices ... at least that's how I have experienced it myself.

Love is all rather exhausting actually. In euphoric stage it means you cant function properly as you walk around feeling obsessed and absorbed with this person, then you have the issues of

whether its reciprocated

how its developing

what if it goes wrong

is it healthy?

If I had a choice, i wouldn't do it. Unfortunately, I don't feel I can walk away from it..which is a feature of love I suppose.

Love can be exhausting. It can make you lose sleep. It can drive you crazy and make you scream. It can send a million questions running through your mind. But when all that is said and done, you wouldn't have it any other way. Cause the rewards love ultimately brings, are worth it.

Shy "I'm naive" Soul

I hope this helps....

When love beckons to you follow him,

Though his ways are hard and steep.

And when his wings enfold you yield to him,

Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

And when he speaks to you believe in him,

Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,

So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.

He threshes you to make you naked.

He sifts you to free you from your husks.

He grinds you to whiteness.

He kneads you until you are pliant;

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,

Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,

Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;

For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, I am in the heart of God."

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.