Sex with sister?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called genetic sexual attraction, and it's happening more and more as adoptees are reunited with parents, siblings from sperm donor banks meet their long-lost half-brothers and sisters, and families separated by divorce or other circumstances reunite in adulthood.

Genetic sexual attraction is an almost compulsive desire for the relative. Normally, being raised by one's parents since birth, and with one's siblings, sexual feelings do not develop within those relationships. However, in cases where this process is either disrupted or never occurs, meetings in adulthood may find the parties involved experiencing profound narcissistic attraction for a stranger or near-stranger who is somehow familiar. Some adoptees report being raped by siblings or parents they have reunited with.

It is usually deeply distressing to the people who undergo it, although in an era where very little is sexually taboo, sexual expression of this narcissistic infatuation is more and more possible. However, it need not be expressed, and can be overcome, if both parties can recognize it as the unfortunate fall-out of a disrupted upbringing, don't take it seriously, and let it pass.

I'm assuming that if the OP is sincere, the brother and sister in this case were separated during the crucial period of time in which they would have become habituated to one another and thereforeeee unable to desire each other.

As far as the Adam and Eve thing. The Bible says Adam and Eve were the first, It does not say they were the "only" people God created. God may very well have made others in his Image after Adam and Eve.

Secondly, Let me say that I am against this, but it is curious...for the sake of argument...that just about everything that I have heard against this case, I heard against gay people growing up.

For instance...

"it's illegal"...There are many laws on the books about same sex

"That is gross"...many people have and do say this about gay sex

"not healthy"...many people have and do say this about gay sex

"It's unnatural"...many people have and do say this about gay sex

"The social and psychological ramifications of this are very severe. In most countries, this not only is this highly taboo and illegal, but it is setting foundations for a potentially dangerous consequence"...many people have and do say this about gay sex

"I am beginning to think that they have suffered sexual abuse as children"...again many people have and do say this about gay sex

The list goes on and on.

Again, I feel that this is wrong, but it is interesting that all of these things are what people have and do say about gay relationships.

The biggest reason incest has become so taboo is because it can mess up family heirarchies - confuse boundaries and cause sexual rivalries between family members. That was the reason so many ancient civilizations started frowning on incest. I learned all about it last semester.

The whole "mutant babies" thing is just to scare people. The reason incest eventually causes birth defects is because family members tend to have the same recessive genes, and if you mix the same genes over and over, you've got a decent sized chance that a harmful recessive gene will rear its ugly head. It's honestly pretty common for children of incest to be physically healthy.

I'm not advocating incest, but I'm not going to demonize it either. It certainly blurs some boundaries and makes me uncomfortable, but it isn't the heinous monster-producing act that people think it is.

[Edit: forgive me if I've already posted this. I can't remember if I have or not.]

I wonder why it's illegal then.

I had some relatives who were first-cousins to each other and they got married, but legally they were not allowed to conceive..

Until recently, in several states, all homosexual acts were illegal. Homosexual acts can't produce messed up kids, so why were they illegal?

Many MANY laws are based on society's idea of what is right and wrong. They have little to do with producing healthy children. If it were illegal to have sex with someone because of the possibility of creating a child with birth defects, it would be illegal to have sex with any fertile person, because ANYONE can have children with birth defects. Nobody with a genetic disorder would be allowed to have children and mentally retarded people would still be routinely sterilized.

There's a fine line between what is "morally right" and what is a terrible restriction on personal freedoms. And I'm not the one to decide which side of the line incest falls on.

I don't think you can compare incest to homosexuality.

There is good reason for incest to be prevented. Have you ever seen farm cats? They interbreed to the point where they all come out with 3 legs and no eyes. If incest were allowed, how would you prevent that? You have to draw a line somewhere.

That is actually the reason why the laws exist. Laws against homosexuality were "moral decency" laws, but laws against incest were related to the enormous interest in eugenics and health during the early 1900's. This was the same era that made it illegal for blacks and whites to intermarry in many areas, remember. Anything that was thought to be capable of producing "inferior offspring" was made illegal to do.

Nowadays we don't hear anything about eugenics because of what the Nazis did with it, but there was a time when everyone was taught these precepts.

In fact, union between close relatives does not usually produce flawed children in the first generation. But it is much more likely that it can, and if incest becomes common in society, certainly it will: I have a line-bred german shepherd (daughter bred to father) who has twice as many issues as she should have, because of the inbreeding. She has two major genetic diseases that shepherds are prone to, and four physical faults as well. She was sterilized, so it's not an issue.

The reason that people react strongly against incest is that socialization to siblings and parents in the first six years will prevent them from being able to desire each other; there are studies on studies about this. Children who have been raised together since birth who are not genetically related will not pursue sexual relations with each other. The taboo is not the result of the law; the law is a result of the taboo arising naturally in the species. If we take "normal" to mean the behaviour of the majority, something actually is wrong/variant in people who desire siblings they've been raised with.

I don't think you can compare incest to homosexuality.

There is good reason for incest to be prevented. Have you ever seen farm cats? They interbreed to the point where they all come out with 3 legs and no eyes. If incest were allowed, how would you prevent that? You have to draw a line somewhere.

Realistically you wouldn't get this degree of deformity if you line/interbreed animals. In most cases you would have to interbreed several generations before you would see anything this bad.

This is common practice among show dogs and cats to continue a specific above average traits.

OP...I would never even consider something of this nature with a sibling, there are so many things here that just scream disaster.

this needs to stop you need to move on,, ?? it doesn't make sense for them to be having these relations.... try to let them knnow that they can be much more sexual with others and that this will just lead to one big bust up...

prehaps take him out?? get him laid with someone else show him that t his is wrong and that going out and finding someone is the correct path..

good luck x