Do You Think She Likes Me? Help!!

The Story

Well, it started in November when I got my new job at ShopKo. (I'm a 17 year old young man). I walked into the building and had heard about a pretty girl who worked there too, and then I saw her. She on the other hand, is a year older than me. Her name is Jennifer and she is absolutely beautiful. Through time I began to talk to her and get to know her a little better. I began to realize that not only did I think she is the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen in my life, but she is so sweet and has such a fun attitude. We began joking around with each other and talking to each other frequently. She then found out that she knows my older brother! He moved away, unfortunately, and she just continued to talk about how awesome he is, and how she was so shocked we are brothers. Well..Things didn't progress in the story much..A few "flirty" moves on my part..and maybe some on hers..? I later began to notice that she would seem really happy to see me. She would say "hey buddy!" "how are ya!" every few times she saw me. When she calls me by "Buddy" it gives me the impression that she is looking at me as a "lower"..telling me that the only reason she acts "flirty" with me is because I am HIS brother. Anyways..today I was talking to her up at her checkout lane and I told her "I'm gonna go then" cuz I needed to get back to work. Her and I made it seem that she wouldn't survive if I left her. She faked like she was sad (actually began to fake cry) and I kind of did the same. I stretched out my hand as a sign that we should hold on while we still can (still jokingly of course) and we held each others hands for a second or 2 and our fingers slid away (yes, just like you see on movies). As I walked away I said "hey look at those posters!, whoever hung them up must be completely awesome!" .

(This is an inside joke we have had going for a while now..I put the posters up a while ago..and I always joke with her about how "good" I put them up ) She said yeah he is! He is so good! (And played along with the joke a bit). I said.."I know..he deserves a high 5 or somthin" and she said "Yeah he does!". Well, I walked away and came back about an hour later and saw her. She didn't remember the high 5 joke at first..but after a few minutes she remembered and gave me my high 5. Kind of a sad way to get certain attention from her..but I'm trying to create a good relationship with her. I feel like I have lots of competition to beat also..there are a couple other guys she seems to joke and act the same way with (she never held their hands of course ). I wonder if she is just a flirt to everyone..and if she really doesnt care about me.

NOW ITS YOUR PART

Please give honest answers to the following questions:

The Questions

-Does she seem to like me? (Honestly..)

-Does she like me just because I am his brother?

-Am I doing the right things to create the type of relationship I want with her?

-Would it be wise to make a joke-type remark that we should "Go Out"..or somthing along those lines?

-Am I making this relationship too friendly?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP WITH THIS VERY SENSITIVE SUBJECT. I LOVE YOU ALL

-Does she like me? Honestly... Nobody can really be one hundred percent sure, about that one. It would seem she probably likes you at least a little bit, could like you as much as you like her or more, and just afraid to let you know - just as your afraid.

-Does she like me just because i am his brother? No. Well.. I wouldnt believe so. I don't think its possible for someone to like someone else just because they are the brother or sister of someone they once knew, or even someone they once went out with. She might have originally been attracted to you, and wanted to be closer with you because you are his brother -- Maybe because she thinks you are just as awesome as he is, and any brother of his is good in her book? To me, that may be a way for her to have began talking to you. A good excuse.

-Am i doing the right things to create a relationship with her? Yes. I think you are doing the perfect things. You are becoming friends first, which is usually a good thing, and now you you want to create a relationship. Your not being arrogant "hey baby wanna go out", but your taking it in steps, and for all you know she knows that and she is waiting, taking it in steps with you also.

-Would it be wise to make a joke-type remark that we should "Go Out"..or somthing along those lines? It wouldn't be a horrible move. It would be a good way to see her reaction. I wouldn't over due it. If your joking around, and she says yeah it would be a great idea, make sure your positive she means it before you get all excited and be like "really? do you mean it?" to her. If you think she means it, wait a day or two and then ask her. "Hey, about us going out.. Do you wanna go to the movies after work?" or dinner, or mini-golf (which i think would be the most fun date).. Ect. Or all in one night if you have time. Dinner at 6, mini golf at 8, and the movies at 11. Make sure you pay for everything. Guys are supposed to pay for girls almost all the time, unless absolutely impossible. Then you try to think of something you can do without money if you dont have enough (Beach, walk in the park, ect).

-Am I making this relationship too friendly? definitely not. From what you are showing is that your making it like you guys are best friends right now. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. If she considers you a "best friend" then that could be bad. Sometimes females hate to go out with males if they are best friends, because they dont want to ruin the friendship.

Tips:

-- Do you talk on the phone to her? If not, that would be a great idea. Ask her for her phone number. A great excuse for a phone number could be thinking of something that you would need to talk to her about that has to due with work. At the end of the day before you leave be like "Oh, hey , i forgot, i need to talk to you about ______. Wuts your number, I'll call you later.." and if she says something like why dont we just talk now you can either talk to her and try again another day or say something like "I really cant right now, i have to be somewhere to meet with my mom," or something along the lines.

-- Make sure if you go to the movies you see a movie she would like. If she doesnt like action packed movies, see a less action movie.. A great movie that i think everyone likes are scary movies. It would give her a chance to cuddle with you if she gets scared. Believe it or not, it really happens. When i get scared in movies I always grab the person next to me, and im male!

-- If you ever play a game, and your better than her alot, make sure you let her win. Most people assume that females don't like video games also. Thats not true. I think if every female had the chance to play a video game with males that they would do it - I have had females come over and play games with me all the time (as they were friends, because im gay). Most females, who dont play games, suck at video games at first. A game i would suggest if you have it is Mario Party.. Its a funny game, makes you laugh, and it's fairly easy for her. If you dont have it, and your playing a game that she sucks at, keep showing her how to play.. Tell her what buttons to press. "Press x.. No, x.. haha, the red one!" or something. It will make her laugh if you exxagerate. And it would be a great chance to play around with her. If she beats you and your sitting next to her you could be like "Gah! I hate you!" and push up against her.. Dont hump her or anything, that would scare her.

And btw, dont let her win ALOT... Because she'll know your letting her win. If its a game, let her win every other round or something.. Just make sure she is having fun. If somebody is losing every single round, its not fun. At least not for me and my friends. It makes us want to quit. thereforeeee, if i'm winning alot, i'll usually just keep 'accidentally' killing myself. Mario Party is what i suggest if you have a gamecube. If you dont have the game, try renting it, it would be great to say after dinner or a movie or something, a way to invite her to your place.

-- Dont try to 'lay' her until you are in a great relationship. Chances are she wont only want sex. If she does only want sex at first, and SHE TRIES to do it with you, I wouldn't deny her. I mean.. If its absolutely against your morals to have sex with somebody, then you can deny her, but if you wouldnt mind having sex with her, do it. Denial might turn her off completely and make her think she made a fool of herself.

Sorry It's So Long. -- Good luck.

st0ked,

First you need to consider a few things here. You work with her and that could create some problems for you which ever way this turns out. If you ask her out and she says no, well then you have to see every time the two of you work the same shift. If she says yes and you go out with her and then begin to date, you need to remember your responsibilities to your employer come first. If things go bad and you break up, well you can pretty much figure out how much it's going to suck seeing her each day flirting with the other guys. Work place romances can be pretty risky as you get older and I would rarely if ever recommend it but at your age it's more about you having to work with her if things didn't work out.

To me it sounds like she is flirting with you as well as others, trying to read in to actions and words is pretty tough to do. I don't think I would follow a choreographed dating plan either, rehearsed moves and lines will more than likely come accross as such. Be yourself, that's who she has showed interest in. Ask her out before someone else does and you wont have to wonder about many of the little things you've been asking about.

RC