Why Can't I stop Thinking about Her?

My girl and me broke up this weekend. Dont want to share.. anywyas... I cant stop thinking about her. Everything reminds me of her... and when i finally escape my thoughts for a minute... someone asks about her or something... it never fails. I need to stop thinking about her... Any advice...

Thanks

Try to get out and do something you enjoy to distract yourself. You are going to be fighting with getting her out of your head and then being reminded of her for quite a while yet. Time is the only thing that is going to help. Talk to your friends about what's happened. You'll finally reach a point when you can't say anything else about it. If you can't do that, try writing in a "journal" or "diary" about your thoughts and feelings. That has gotten me through more than one really bad breakup.

I know what you mean man, you guys just broke up, it's really hard to forget. Do your best to keep 'moving on' tho, that's the best way to get over it. If you sit at home and are bored out of your mind, more than likely you're going to think of her ...a lot. So get out, keep your mind busy, read a book, go see a movie, find some new hobby or work harder on one you have already, try to move on emotionally too...but that could take longer than just a week. Good luck...it'll pass with time....it's only week one.

Its so hard.. bc we both still love each other... but... its just too complicated... and we've been together... like friends first and then more for so long that... idk what to do... my hometown is really small.. not much to do.. and my parents are so strict, i cant do much anyways.. except homework.. but i cant even concentrate to do that.

Amour.....

Get rid of ANYTHING that reminds you of her...pics, emails, phone numbers,

if you can avoid seeing her..do it!!!! I am doing NC on someone right now, but have been holding myself back because I've held onto all these reminders.

The longer they are out of sight....the longer they are out of mind. I am JUST realizing this myself.So I know how you feel!!

Consider this a "vacation' from your ex....well..an EXTENDED vacation

Good luck!!

I'm very sorry to hear about your breakup...

Splitting up with someone you love always involves a rocky and bumpy road to recovery and acceptance. Everything will be reminding you of her.. the best you can do is help yourself by removing those things that remind you of her...

Spend more time with your friends, they will help to keep you occupied... and this will help too...

Find distractions such as playing sport, and networking (as in meeting new people)... that sort of thing...

It takes time, and it will be difficult, but if you think positively you will get past it.. and hey, you are still young - you have PLENTY of time to find the one.

I'm sorry about the breakup!

Like the others said, distractions, distractions, distractions. If you're not out playing a sport, find an interesting book or movie to watch. Clean your place. Do those errands you've been putting off for a while. Tutor a child. anything!!!!

Things will get easier with time. Slowly. Some days will be worse than others, but know that time is on your side. good luck