Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone's skin break out in rash during winter weather??

Hi, kinda embarassing... but ever since the weather has changed to now very cold dry weather my skin is freaking out and forming these itchy patches of small red bumps mainly along the sides of my torso and chest area, and it likes to spread. I notice that this only happens during the months of really cold weather. When spring/summer hits i do not have this problem at all!. Does any one else have this problem and does anyone have advice on how to prevent/treat this problem??

that happened to me too. I think it's becuase of lack of blood circulation. Once when I start to run everyday for my sport the rash's gone forever!!!
    I can never be happy in the light but when it's dark that's when I shine.

This happens to my GF every year.

that sounds like eczema my friends, although only a dermatologist can tell you for sure... it can certainly be triggered by the change in weather, as well as the presence of toxins / allergins

does it ich before u see the rash? then during? thats a surefire sign

--darknova
    i wanna rock!

You could go to the doctor and have it checked out. They might be able to give you something to help with that.
    *Committing your love to someone means losing the chance to experience another person's love. So just be sure the person you are committed to deserves your love or else itís not worth the sacrifice.

*Forget who hurt you yesterday, but don't forget who loves you today.

I have the same thing in wintertime but on the upper arms and on the calves. It itches like hell. I have creams based on hydrocortisone for it, and it helps. I also go to solariums once in a while (too much is of course unhealthy), which helps.

Ilse.
    To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
    ~~Bertrand Russell~~

Our little girl will become a big sister in June '12!

I have eczema and I break out like that in the winter (it's always there but it gets worse)! I would definately go see a dermatologist.
    "Monday monkey lives for the weekend, sir" -- Leela (from Futurama)

I have the same exact problem. I went to a dermatologist about it and he gave me this moisturizing ointment. I think it happens during the winter because the air is much dryer, so your skin gets very dry too, and therefore, itchy, and forms the rash, whereas in the summer there's more humidity in the air so it doesn't dry out your skin as much. Something that might help is Aveeno, (the lotion or bath powder). It should soothe and moisturize your skin a bit.

thanks for you replies, i actually asked my dad about this (he's a doctor) and he recommended claritin for hives (an anti-histamine) and my rash has cleared up since ive taken it (for like 3-5days). I think it was something due to the release of histamines in my system or something some kind of reaction to the weather change? anyways its almost all gone so im sooo relieved

lol I have excema and my skin breaks out whether it's cold or hot! I don't think you need to see a dermatologist unless it gets serious or botheres you a lot. They like to prescribe steriodal ointments which actually do you less good in the long run. Just take care of your skin, wash it daily and put some moisturiser on it after a shower or something and ride it out.

If it keeps coming back etc then see a local GP first.

That's what i think.

Hasie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...