He gave me his number! now what!?

club33

My crush gave me his number...then asked me what i'm doing tonite...and tomorrow...I said "nothing what about you?" (open invitation to invited me to hang out or whatever) and he just nodded and said "nothing"

WHY GIVE ME HIS NUMBER AND NOT ASK ME TO HANG OUT?!

anyways....now that i have his cell phone number i thought i would text him....but i dont know what to say...Its our first message...i'm scared and i diont know what to say....Any ideas?

hehehe - this is where DN and I clash

Sure, ask him to coffee or drinks if you are interested. I think that's fine.

But, to answer your question, a lot of guys do that for one of 2 reasons:

1) They know a lot of girls don't feel comfortable with giving their number so the guy will give his to make things more "comfortable" for the girl.

2) He's a player and enjoys having tons of girls calling him.

To tell the difference, when a guy gives you his number, say, "Thanks!" and give him yours also. Then, depending on whether or not he calls you, you'll know if he's a player or just cautious.

Now, my question, is why do guys ask for a girl's number, and then never call her (Which is what happened to me recently....)

1) They know a lot of girls don't feel comfortable with giving their number so the guy will give his to make things more "comfortable" for the girl.

That could be possible, but if a girl really wants to meet a guy up and likes him from the initial convo, she'll give him her number. If not, then from what I..I can tell, is that this guy was 'afraid' to ask you for your number. So he gave you his....because a confident guy would have asked for yours...he could be somewhat shy and just to keep himself from feeling a little uncomfortable and possibly rejected, he gave you his number. More than likely tho, he's wants you to call, so dont stress over it.

Now, my question, is why do guys ask for a girl's number, and then never call her (Which is what happened to me recently....)

Ummm....some guys just ask for numbers out of habit...but I can tell you that I've done that before. It's easy to lose a number, especially if he possibly met someone else soon after, or already had someone else(meaning he already is dating a few other girls, or one relationship became serious). Either way, take it as "he's not interested" and move on annie24.

no worries The guy asked for my number at the bar - he was the one who was really really hitting on me, but I was kind of unsure of him. I gave him my number, but I really wasn't interested in him. I'd actually been sitting around trying to think of ways to politely turn him down when he called, but guess what - he never called! That made my job easier

Yes, that's a good point - he could just be shy and not have the self-confidence to ask for your number.

I guess it can't hurt to call him and say hi.

good luck