Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Do Men Go Back to Their EX's?

Why Do Men Go Back to Their EX's?

What % of Men return to their Ex's after they have broken up and why?

Platinum Member
    71.26% but I am not sure why.

Platinum Member
    71.26% but I am not sure why.
    LOL...only kidding...sorry.

I think the percentage of people that get back together at least once is probably quite high but the percentage of those that stay together would I think be low.

The reason many people would get back together is because there is an element of an investment in a relationship. The coin is time and experiences. Often people don't want to write all that off without giving it a second chance.

I guess what I really want to know is out of the men who read this how many EX GF's have they had and how many have returned to try again and why?

Thanks that is the kind of feed back I was looking for.

I'm more interested in the motivation behind the question, heh.

Platinum Member
    OK. I have had 8 girlfriends of 3 months plus. Only got back together with one and that was because we broke up suddenly after 2 years and thought maybe we should have tried harder. Lasted another 3 or 4 months.

Motivation behind this, well I have this Ex who left because he needed to get his divorce settled and so he told me he need at least 6 months. We were perfect together and I think it was one of the hardest things he had ever done. Now it has been 6 months and I have given him that time and space. We have shared a few emails and one phone call, however I have not seen him at all in 6 months, so I am wondering what are the chance that he will return, because it seems that a lot of people return to what they know they had instead of seeking out something new.

edit : Maybe I should finish reading a post before I answer. D'oh.

He wrote me a month ago telling me that we need to talk because he feels there is a lot of miscommunication. You see he lived with me and then without warning just ran away. He said he had things he needed to do in order for him stop hurting (from guilt of divorce, kids etc.) so one day he was there telling me that how happy he was and then the next gone, asking for time. I have only talked on the phone with him twice and the first time was right after the break and he said he would talk but could not see me, because he had no will power when it came to me and that he knew he needed to get control over him life, but after we talked he insisted I let him go completely for at least 6 months so that he could take care of things without me as a distraction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...