Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What's the difference between cute, sexy, hot, and pretty ??

Guys, what's the difference when u say a girl is cute, hot, sexy, and pretty? it seems that some girls are always hot, others are just pretty, etc. As for me, i'm always "cute". lol what does that mean anyhow.

Platinum Member
    When I think "cute" I think not supermodel qualities, but attractiveness. It's hard to describe. Everyone has their own idea of what "cute" is.
    "Where there is no love, pour love in, and you will draw love out."
    -St. John of the Cross

3. 04-08-2005, 09:01 PM

Silver Member
    Cute is average-looking. Sexy is a tease (depending how good of a tease the girl is lol). Hot is hot; enough said. Pretty is like below hot, it's a "grade" under it lol.

Silver Member
    Cute to me means above average looks. Pretty to me means ... well ... very good looks. Hot, like someone else said, is just an emphasized "pretty" to me.
    "Do you want to fix the problem or soundbyte it?" -- Ross Perot during 1992 presidential debate.

I know this is going to sound bad, but if you don't want just opinions, there is a way to scale this...like 1 to 10. 1 being bad, 10 being great.

5-6 Cute
    6-8 Sexy/Pretty
    9-10+ lol Hot

It sounds pretty shallow, but a lot of guys do this. Not like they'd ever tell the girl tho...
    "Conversion is not like a flu shot!

It's more like being hit by a 30 ton logging truck..

..how can you say you've had an encounter with God, who's enormously larger than a 30 ton truck.. and not be PERMANENTLY changed?!

This is not anger, this is passion, and ALL passion is born out of anguish!"

Christ did not die so you could sin, but so that you would be free from its power over you!

Yes, visit hotornot.com to hone your rating skills

I know you are asking guys, but I think "cute" can be the best, cute can describe your looks and your attitude all in one.

Pretty, I don't like that word, but I think it describes the women's face, if she has like a stunning face.

And Hot I think has to do with face and body. So if your coined "cute" go with it, cutie!

My guy friends in high school would refer to some girls as a "butter-face" meaning "everything looks good but her face" Kinda funny!

...not sure the exact definitions, but I can rate how complimentary each word is IMO, best first...

beautiful
    pretty
    cute
    sexy
    hot

...truth is, hot girls are a dime a dozen, truly beautiful ones are much more rare however.

Some people use the words interchangeably, but I see them as having separate meanings.

Cute: Means the girl is vulnerable, someone you want to cuddle, protect, care for, a girl you worry about, someone who is innocent and who is not supposed to be promiscious.

Hot: Someone for whom you have no romantic feelings, but just want to have sex with her. Your only interest in her is sexual, not romantic.

Sexy: For me, sexy is a state. Any girl can "become" sexy by what she wears, how she acts.

Pretty: Simply means physically attractive, without any romantic or sexual interest. Like you could say that your sister is pretty, and not have any romantic or sexual interest in her.

I hope this helps....Interesting question!!!
    "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
    If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet."
    --The Beatles

Im a big fan of 'cute' girls. Its very difficult to describe, but I would have to say cute is someone petite with an attractive look and innocent looking. I might throw big bright eyes in there too and a beautiful smile. That's my idea of cute.

I'm not into hot or sexy...never had a good time with girls I would consider to be hot or sexy because they usually denote mean or gossipy girls. Not to generalize, but that's been my experience with them.

Pretty I would place in the same category as cute.
    I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It's hitting below the intellect.

If you canít ignore an insult, top it; if you canít top it, laugh it off; and if you canít laugh it off, itís probably deserved.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...