Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

teeth whitening and smoking

well, I wanted to know - how much harm exactly smoking does to teeth (the appearance). I believe there are smokers among those people who have whitened/bleached their teeth, so - I would like to know their experience.
    My teeth are yellowish genetically, occasionally I do some whitening at the dentist, and the results are nice (I`m a student and cant`t afford more whitening sessions for BRILLIANT results ). I do it once every six months.
    But last time I did this, the effect started to fade faster. I don`t know why - well, yeah, I drink a lot af coffee and I also smoke (and i`m not quite ready to give up these two things... not yet). Maybe I do this more often recently, perhaps that`s the reason. Or, it`s possible, I just started it too soon after the whitening... but I did wait for 48 hours.
    Well, in a couple of words - please tell your experience. I`m planning to invest some more money to get a really nice looking smile, but... will it be worth the money, if I need to do that again soon. Are cigarettes and white teeth so uncompatible things, do I have to choose?

P.S. Don`t answer if you just want to judge me, I`m old enough and responsible for my decisions. (... just in case ) thnx

you can get do it yourself whitning kits there pretty cheap last ages and really work iv tried them giv me great results. i uhh saw one on some shopping chnnel once llooked pretty good its called rapid white pro. but yes smoking and cofee make your tetth yellow i know from expericne.....but yo should try them products they work....
    Spread Across Time Til My Time Never Done, And I'm Never Done, Walk Tall, Why Ever Run?

Hi faerie,

Well i have had my teeth whitened lately by my dentist. Although I didn't go for the bright white Hollywood smile, my teeth are a lot whiter now. I paid 400 UK pounds to do this procedure and am very pleased with the results.

What they did to me was they took a mould of my teeth and produced a 'gumshield'. I then had to put a gel and wear this gum shield overnight for two weeks. The results were really amazing. I have been told by others that the over the counter stuff you buy isn't nearly as effective.

So since my dentist has a copy of the moulds all I have to do when I want a top up is go back to the dentist and just buy a top up gel which will be considerably less than the amount I paid to get the moulds done!

goodluck

still, smoking is bad for you..

You should try brushing with baking soda and then with regular toothpaste. it keeps your teeth nice and *SPARKLING* **
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

We credit scarcely any persons with good sense except those who are of our opinion
    -Francois De La Rochefoucauld

i got one of those whitening kits from the net teeth-whitening-kits.co.uk it worked really well but the bad things was i had to stop smoking while i was doing it and drinking coffee ect for about 2 weeks.

take good care of your teeth
    [b][url=http://www.ichatsportsnutrition.com/]effective weight loss program[/url][/b] | [b][url=http://www.ichatcosmeticproducts.com/]improve your lips[/url][/b] | [b][url=http://www.ichatoralcare.com/]Cheap Teeth Whitening[/url][/b]

Hi! Thanks for the heads up. I also stopped smoking because my friends told me that it will make my teeth turn into color yellow. I am using baking soda and a regular toothpaste too. Thanks.
    Teeth Whitener

Re:

If you stop smoking they won't get any more yellow. You could use a tooth whitening kit or try using tooth whitening toothpaste, and the lack of smoking will help this greatly.

Silver Member
    Baking soda will help, but you have to be careful to not use it too often because you can damage the enamel!

I tried the Crest White Strips and my teeth were *so* unbelievably sensitive that every noise was like nails on a chalk board. I laid in bed for three days crying, unable to touch anything, to eat anything. It wasn't worth it for me. And they tasted horrible.

Is it possible to get something like Invisalign? At least then you'd be doing the damage to the retainer/braces and then you could pop it out when you aren't smoking?

•  

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...