Platinum Member

Short term relationships

Typcally, how short is a short term relationship? A few months? A year?

Thanks.

A short term relationship can range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. After that, it's a relationship, usually lasting at least 6 months, depending on your age. It depends on the couple.
    I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It's hitting below the intellect.

If you canít ignore an insult, top it; if you canít top it, laugh it off; and if you canít laugh it off, itís probably deserved.

Silver Member
    From my perspective, varies from a week (LOL!), to around 3 months.

None

It might not be the time that matters, some say short-term relationships, meaning high intimacy, high passion but low commitment basis.

And you might be surprised, they last for years but both parties get to see each other on a low frequency account

I'd have to say a short term relationship would be anything under about 2 months, with no emotional attachment.
    The Wise Man Can Pick Up A Grain Of Sand And Envision A Whole Universe. The Stupid Man Will Just Lay Down In Some Seaweed And Roll Around Until He's Completely Draped In It. Then He'll Stand Up And Go "Hey, I'm Vine Man." -Jack Handy

I think this depends on the context - when you are really young short term might only be a week, and long term anything over two months...when you are older short term can develop into anything under 6 months or a year.

So, you also need to look at the emotional involvement in the relationship, quality of relationship and the relationship as a whole, rather than just length of time.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkolivegreen][B]<--- [COLOR=sienna]Carbun the Super-Bunny[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#556b2f][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkolivegreen][B]At the end of the day, how you imprinted on someones life and heart is the only true mark any of us leave on this earth and is what we are most proud of... [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][I][SIZE=1]- My Biggest Hero and Mentor: My Mum.[/SIZE][/I]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=orange][B]Il faut d'abord durer [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][I][SIZE=1]- Ernest Hemingway[/SIZE][/I]

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...