Roman noses - automatically unattractive?

Carmine

I've had a big roman nose all my life, as my father has too. He said he was always self-conscious about it, but to tell you the truth I like mine. It's different and pretty noticeable but I think it makes me look like a roman or greek warrior or general, lol. I've heard a lot of people degrade roman noses as a physical flaw, though, like they would for crooked or chipped teeth. I was wondering if people think a roman nose is an automatically unattractive feature, like crooked or chipped teeth, or if it can fit well with particular people.

My bf has a true Roman nose (he's actually from Rome) and I always thought it was attractive. And I'm not the only one who likes distinctive noses... actors like Adrien Brody and Owen Wilson are pretty popular. Be proud of it, it makes you unique!

Everyone views it differently.. I see it as it being part of you, something you have no control over and in your case it's part of your heritage be proud of it! I don't understand why people let others bother them so badly. My best friend is Italian so of course he has a "big" nose (according to him) but it's him and I think he's very attractive.

I'm a girl and I have somewhat of one. I think it looks fine on a male - it seems more masculine to me. But character is good, and we have to live with what we have generally. Anybody who would discriminate based on nose shapes would have to be disgustingly shallow, really. I'll live, conventionally beautiful nose or no. I'm sure you will too.

It totally doesn't show in my avatar either. gotta see a profile view of my face to get the full impact. hehe

what's a roman nose? I'm looking for a profile/side pic but can't find any really.

Also called a hooknose...it's when you've got that little bump toward the top of it and its profile makes a downward hook, hence the name hooknose.

A Romans nose is usually larger and has more of an arch than your "average" nose (Whatever that is!) usually just Americans are the only ones who say anything about it.

Lol, very true. If people make fun of me for it I usually make a joke out of it. My nose, along with other features, makes a lot of people automatically think I'm Jewish, when I'm actually 1/2 Persian and 1/2 Lebanese (they don't know any better to think that roman noses are a Middle Eastern and Mediterranean trait, not just Jewish =p). Once when I was walking around campus with some friends there was a table set up advertising trips to Israel. I said to my friends, who make fun of me all the time for it, "Watch this, I KNOW they're gonna say something to me." Sure enough, when we passed the table, one of the guys singled me out asking if I wanted more information about signing up for the trip, lol! Times like that do make it unique.

I like a good nose- one of my German friends had a great eagle-nose type thing going, and I thought it was of his best features.

I don't think you have anything to worry about Carmine- you're a good looking guy and you've got very good genes- Persians are some of the best looking people around in my opinion.

I was born in the U.S. but my father in southern Italy, and I've inherited much of the typical Italian features, including the nose. Mine is also somewhat crooked since it was broken twice when I was younger. I used to hate my nose but now I don't mind it so much. I got picked on a little when I was a kid, but my features are apart of my heritage, which I'm very proud of.

I've had a big roman nose all my life, as my father has too. He said he was always self-conscious about it, but to tell you the truth I like mine. It's different and pretty noticeable but I think it makes me look like a roman or greek warrior or general, lol. I've heard a lot of people degrade roman noses as a physical flaw, though, like they would for crooked or chipped teeth. I was wondering if people think a roman nose is an automatically unattractive feature, like crooked or chipped teeth, or if it can fit well with particular people.

No way, they're HOT. Some women might find it unattractive...I'm Italian and I love them. I don't like em' too big though. Adrian Brody is really hot to me, but his nose is too big.

Plus, judging from your pic, you're VERY attractive.

It depends on what kind of girl you like, some women don't like them as much...Anglo Saxon types among others I'd venture to guess...

Seems that general pop culture of today tells us that everything is not supposed to be out of proportion.So you would better be without a nose that's more noticeable than eyes, lips, chin.

Face is what somebody draws almost instant attention to.I know that certain people will judge every single "flaw" by their standards.Though nobody's photoshopped picture perfect.

As for myself: small nose seems to be perfect.With any kind of bigger ones it's, sort of, more hassle without benefits.They grow and turn uglier.But then "smashed" kind of nose is the worst ever.I only truly dislike last one as it doesn't seem right for most faces.

From all these responses I'd say that cuter button noses are more of a characteristic of the mainstream American cute guy, but the bigger Roman nose is just a different taste. It's hard to judge someone entirely by facial features, nor should you, but I get different feelings when I see the conventional cute girl and the girl with a bigger and more unique nose. It's like I can better imagine myself in some romantic scene with a dark-haired tan woman with a bold yet stunning face instead of a petite one...I guess that's simply individual taste, hehe.

Now that I think of it I think my nose fits my personality well. If it repels the mainstream American cute girl who wants the regular American cute guy, then maybe that's better for both of us, because I'm not that regular of a guy and they'd probably end up not being able to accept my differences in the long-run. I just hope I can find a girl who's attracted to both my looks and my personality. Maybe New Jersey isn't the best place to find that type of girl...

Archived