Have you ever called your ex my accident?

Hey all. I woke up the other morning and saw that I had a missed call from my ex right before midnight. I texted her and called her the next day just asking if everything was ok since she called so late. She texted me the next day that her phone must have accidentally dialed my number. However, it did ring long enough to go to voicemail and there was a three minute voicemail of what sounded like her in a bar atmosphere talking to friends; I couldn't make anything out. I've accidentally called someone once or twice, but never let it go past one ring. I know I've never called my ex by accident, but was wondering if anyone has or if she is full of BS.

I'm not hoping that it means anything. She left me high and dry back in April with little to no explanation and began loosely contacting me at the end of July hoping to be friends after three months of absolutely no contact on her end. I actually called her a couple of weeks ago telling her to stop contacting me for a little while because I just wasn't ready for friendship or anything yet. That's why I was a bit shocked to see a missed call from her. She really has changed drastically over the past few months and the way that she has handled things has been lacking in class and thought. When she replied the following day her text said something like, "Please stop calling me. My phone must have accidentally dialed your number. No hard feelings. Have a good day." I just replied back "As you wish." I only wish that I would've told her to please delete my number. I felt that it was really rude of her to reply like that since I only called and texted one time a piece because I was truly concerned and wanted to know if she was ok, and it was only because she called me. I'll never block anyone out of my life completely, but if she ever wants to talk, there better be a long and sincere apology about how she has acted. Yes, I do wish the break never happened, but that's not what I'm upset about. I know she doesn't owe me anything, but I feel like I at least deserved to be treated better after being with her for over two years and treating her well the whole time.

It happened the morning after I called her back. Thanks for the offer, but it's not worth the time and effort. I've deleted her number and still know it, but time will help me to forget it. I still had some feelings for her up until then, but I can honestly say that I'm truly over my ex. It just goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished. I thought that a "sorry for calling" or "thanks for your concern" would have been appropriate on her end, but it shows her current lack of class. She has been going through a very difficult time, but that is no excuse.

Deep down, I really believe that she is a good person. I still care about her and wish her well in her ventures. She is still young (we're both 25), but right now she is incredibly selfish and can only think about herself. I believe it's just a phase and that one day she will look back and see how good she had it. Thanks for all of your help through this.

Archived