my sister betrayed me, how can I forgive her?

inanna1607306450

my sister betrayed me how can i forgive her i try to every day but i just cant . i dont know what to do , i did everything for her and i wouldve done anything she asked me to and i just cant see how she would do that to me. i mean i stoped loveing the only guy i ever loved because she liked him and than she hurt me so bad ,please some one help me ?? how could some one be so curl?

How did she betray you? is this about her telling your group of friends that you wrote in your diary that you liked this guy? if so, why would you care? unless you were hoping to someday try and snatch him.

So what, they know you liked this guy, whats so big about that? after all , you made the choice of not pursuing him in order to be a martyr. if someone says something just say, "oh i was interested at first, but figured he would be better with my sister or was it your friend. doesnt matter, this way you look like you dont care, and you tossed her the bone.

If you act all hurt, and get all bent out of shape, then it will look like you did something wrong, which you did not. your diary are just idle thoughts, ideas sometimes, your sister was wrong to read it, and tell others about what you wrote, but its not the end of the world, you see there is two separate issues here, your invasion of privacy, which you should discuss with the person that snooped, and the so called life altering info that got released into the public, the second is nothing to worry about. stop living your life through the opinions or what you think, are the opinions of others. as far as i see it, you liked this guy, but not so much that you would betray others to get him, and thats it.

You should talk to your sister and tell her that what she did was uncool explan that it hurt you badley. And what you do about every one else is dont let is get you down, who cares about you liking that guy it is ok to like people.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I think that those who tell you to forgive and forget have not been betrayed by theirs sisters and forget that sibling relationships are a two way street. Last October I found out that my only sister have been stealing the money I sent to support our mother, and the only thing I can tell you is that with time I may be able to forgive but not to forget. And that is a big maybe.

However, I do believe that you should confront your sister. I confronted mine first by email (we live in two different countries) and then in person, which made me feel much better. However, after I did that and gave her the opportunity to ask for forgiveness, she denied having stolen the money and never said "sorry," although I have the bank statements proving her treachery. As I will explain in a future post in my blog (A Sister's Betrayal) that I started to deal with my hurt and share my experiences with others, I thought we could move on after the confrontation, but 5 days later, after I have left Mexico, she had stolen other things and behave horribly again.

With sisters like ours we don't need enemies. Frankly, they don't deserve our forgiveness and probably they couldn't care less. We need to take care of ourselves and live our own lives, forgetting that they exist.

• 2 years later...

Its very hard to forgive and forget at least for me im 33 and in 98 i had preeclampsia and had a grandmama seizure and was in a coma for 2 1/2 wks and my baby died aswell,my sister was with me the whole time and ever since.The doctors told me i could have kids again but would need to wait until later in the future,i have been trying to get pregnat for the last 5 yrs i would talk to my sister about this and tell her i was going to see a dr to find out whats going on so monday night my neice told me she seen my exhusband and he told her that while i was in my coma my sister signed papers to have my tubes tied i was in shock!! I asked her and she said she did and that my tubes were tied I could of died nobody never told me this and she said that she told me but i would have remembered that shes only saying that to ake herself look better than looking to sorry its one thing to do that to someone but to wait 14yrs to say anthing about it and to take away my chance to have a family and be a mom while pushing her kids off on me is just immoral and wrong so tel me how can i forgive her or forget what she did and has taken from me? This is the worst way a sister can be betrayed.

Archived